New trim tab blades

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently purchased an older model 25SE with full transom and bracket/swim platform and it has 10x14 Lenco trim tabs that tuck nicely into recessed pockets on the hull. Unfortunately one blade is attached to the hinge with multiple bolts/nuts, a crafty fix no doubt but surely not helping efficiency, and I’m concerned the other may soon have a problem where the hinge is tacked to the blade. In communicating with Lenco, it’s a special order blade replacement, so I’m awaiting a cost from a Lenco dealer. I see Cecil Marine offers a replacement for $249 each and I suspect they will be less than the Lenco figure soon to come. Do guys simply go to a transom mounted trim tab and repair the fiberglass from the previous pocket screws, or anybody have any luck having the original blades reinforced at the hinge attachment? I have no mechanical intelligence and limited craftiness, and not the greatest online forum participant or researcher, so my apologies if I’ve missed this topic already - any insight or direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you Go to direct on the transom....and some have... There is extensive work to fill the pockets. But this allows for a larger tab and it will be more efficient. Needs a 12 X 24 and at least a 12 X 18... but those are usually what I recommend for a 23ftr.

How much have you run the boat? Aside from the questionable fix, do you feel the need to upgrade to bigger tabs?

Honestly, if the tabs function properly, and they extend/retract to the proper degree even with the fix, I’d leave it for now. A few tiny pieces of hardware are not going to impact your performance to any noticeable degree. Run the boat a bit, and see if you want bigger tabs. If so, proceed with the upgrade. If you’re satisfied with the performance, you can either upgrade the repair a bit, or remove the tabs and have them weld reinforced at a metal shop. Unless the tab material itself is highly degraded, it’s almost definitely going to be cheaper than buying new tabs.

I second what Pelagic said. Ride on it first. At least you will have a comparison. And do it in different conditions.

FYI, mine on a 2530 only get used for wind adjustment or people shifting. Never use them to get on plane.

Thank you all, appreciate the feedback. Was able to special order the OEM blade replacements last week for less than $350 for the pair, so I’ll have them on a shelf in case they don’t arrive in the next week or two. Roll with what we’ve got and replace them next winter. Again, thanks for sharing.

Thank you all, appreciate the feedback. Was able to special order the OEM blade replacements last week for less than $350 for the pair, so I’ll have them on a shelf in case they don’t arrive in the next week or two. Roll with what we’ve got and replace them next winter. Again, thanks for sharing.
Hello,
I am trying to buy blades from Lenco, same 10x14 blades is for 2520 and would you mind sharing the part numbers. Lenco wants me to contact Parker.
Thanks

From Lenco - DWG No. 20870 which is Part 70623-001 (10x14 blade) and Part 50362-001 (notched hinge).

Granted mine are still in the box, but they appeared correct. The drawing was from Lencos customer service, and I special ordered them through Hodges Marine.

Based on the more experienced owners on here they are not adequate/as efficient so maybe research other threads before proceeding with these. I feel mine are sufficient, but I’m a fair weather rider.

From Lenco - DWG No. 20870 which is Part 70623-001 (10x14 blade) and Part 50362-001 (notched hinge).

Granted mine are still in the box, but they appeared correct. The drawing was from Lencos customer service, and I special ordered them through Hodges Marine.

Based on the more experienced owners on here they are not adequate/as efficient so maybe research other threads before proceeding with these. I feel mine are sufficient, but I’m a fair weather rider.
Thank you so much, I have been running them for 10 years and one tab broke, I am just going to stay with them without modifications. Great help.

Back