New Yamaha 425 on 2520XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rio_01

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a new Yamaha 425 on a 2520 XLD? I have a single 300 and while it’s sufficient, the hull could use more power, but I don’t want twins. I‘m curious if anyone else has done or seen this and if so, what your experience has been so far?

Thought about it....too much weight & steering modifications that makes it unpractical. I'm pretty happy with my F300 & would have no problem going with that again if ever needed

It would be fun to see. That 425 is big on a different level.

Has anyone seen a new Yamaha 425 on a 2520 XLD? I have a single 300 and while it’s sufficient, the hull could use more power, but I don’t want twins. I‘m curious if anyone else has done or seen this and if so, what your experience has been so far?
I don't know of anyone with the 425, but I'd like to know how it would do. We have a 2520 XLD with 300 Yamaha, and it works well for our needs; not to say I wouldn't like a little more power occasionally.
I prefer single engines for the simplicity and less maintenance. Our previous two boats were single engine, inboard diesels. They were much easier and much less expensive to maintain than the 300 Yamaha.

I would be interested in the details with the 425 myself. I have a 2520 xld with a single 300 and would love the additional HP. I think the hull is rated for 400 HP max though and not sure about the weight issue

I would be interested in the details with the 425 myself. I have a 2520 xld with a single 300 and would love the additional HP. I think the hull is rated for 400 HP max though and not sure about the weight issue
Hi Lucky John, the Parker 2520 XLD is rated for 500 HP.... at least that's what our capacity plate states, as do the specs.... Maybe the mod-V is rated for 400?

Hi Lucky John, the Parker 2520 XLD is rated for 500 HP.... at least that's what our capacity plate states, as do the specs.... Maybe the mod-V is rated for 400?
I guess I will check my plate when I go down to tidy up later. Those 425's are big ass engines though lol

I have a customer with a 2510 with a 275 Verado that is thinking about repowering with 400 Verado this winter. I ran his boat for him this weekend 90 miles up the coast and am curious what kind of performance others are getting. I was full of fuel and gear cruising 25mph at 4800rpm. Seemed slow. Top end was around 38.

My 2007 2520XLD has twin Yamaha F250s. The engines weigh 608lbs each, so I don’t think the weight of a single 425 (I think it is under 1,000lbs) would be an issue. I would check with Parker though as there may be other issues or concerns.

Reactions: A-K
I’m going to ask Boats Inc about it. They’re a dealer in Niantic Connecticut and know these boats very well. I‘ll email Parker as well and see what they say.

We’ll I asked them and got a thumbs down. Parker will only allow 300hp for a single on the 2520xld. They won’t even allow a 350hp. Because of that, none of the Parker dealers I asked will repower with a single over 300hp. I don’t hate the 300, but I wish I could get even close to the performance numbers Parker claims. I average 1.5 mpg and 26kits at about 4800-4900 rpm, usually solo, light gear, but full or close to full of fuel.

If they allow 500hp with twins and not with s single it must be a structual thing with design and has to do with motor placement. If you were willing to spend the money and modify the transom to deflect any torq flex caused by center mounting 500hp as opposed to the wider stance mounting of the twins.
Anything can be done.....just cost more.

Last edited:
Our Armstrong bracket is only rated for 300 lbs, so the 425 would not be an option without replacing the Armstrong!... I'll try to remain happy with the 300!

That is per engine. I have 400 HP (Twin 200s) on my bracket from the factory and yes it says 300 HP on it.

Back