Newly Re-Hab'd 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meapollo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Fairly new to this forum. Been watching for a bit and just now decided to post my girl. She is a 1988 2520 sport cabin. She was sunk and I rescued her and did a total gut and re-hab on her. Took almost 3 years but she is done. Just waiting for the motor install. She is getting a brand new Suzuki 300. I installed a new Armstrong bracket on her for this. All comments and suggestions much appreciated.IMG_1292.jpgIMG_1362.jpgIMG_1191.jpgIMG_1169.jpgIMG_1364.jpg

Hey Guys, Fairly new to this forum. Been watching for a bit and just now decided to post my girl. She is a 1988 2520 sport cabin. She was sunk and I rescued her and did a total gut and re-hab on her. Took almost 3 years but she is done. Just waiting for the motor install. She is getting a brand new Suzuki 300. I installed a new Armstrong bracket on her for this. All comments and suggestions much appreciated.View attachment 31136View attachment 31137View attachment 31138View attachment 31139View attachment 31140
Hi Meappollo, WOW, beautiful job, and welcome to CP! Love it all: and great job on the recessed bow-lights...

Thanks. It was truely a labor of love. Still have details to finish but the hard part is mostly done. I have a lot of pics throughout the rehab.

Great work!

What sealant did you use on the new bracket to prevent water intrusion into the transom?

Beautiful work! As for comments and suggestions, the wheelhouse helm looks like you plan to stand. That’s your choice, of course. I’d change the position of the helm and put in a chair. Even if you are young and strong, your knees and back will be much better off with a captain’s chair.

The new captains chair is in there now. We were waiting on the pedestal. It was backordered for 3 months. A sign of the times.. We waited 8 months for the bracket

What chairs and pedestal combo are you going with? Im in the middle of my rehab. Not as extensive as what you have done. New decks and partial stringers buts its been a journey.

What chairs and pedestal combo are you going with? Im in the middle of my rehab. Not as extensive as what you have done. New decks and partial stringers buts its been a journey.
I went with the Attwood pedestal and seat. Thats what was there originally and I didn't want the hassle of filling the old holes and drilling new ones. The deck in the cabin was like new so all we had to do was paint it. The rest of the deck outside got ripped up and replaced with KOOSA board. The old deck weighed a ton and the KOOSA was less than half the weight

And info in the recessed bow lights ? They look really nice !
So I cannot take credit for the bow lights. They were already on the boat when I got it. They were in rough shape, but I was able to disassemble them and clean them up. Then I was able to find LED light inserts to convert them.
Sorry I can't help with that. Apparently the previous owner knew a guy in northern Virginia that did this. The previous owner had died and I got the boat from his son. The son had some info, but not a lot as to happenings with the boat. As I said originally, It had sunk and they re-floated it and I got it after that.

What is below the hatch in the pilot house? Can you post a picture of the space? I am planning on installing a hatch at the same location and moving my batteries there.
Would love to hear from you when you have her out on the effectiveness of the bow lights. I have a Go light mounted on the front top of the pilot house. The problem is the reflection off the front of the boat makes the light ineffective. Was planning on moving the light to the bow pulpit but would reconsider if what you have proves effective.

What is below the hatch in the pilot house? Can you post a picture of the space? I am planning on installing a hatch at the same location and moving my batteries there.
Would love to hear from you when you have her out on the effectiveness of the bow lights. I have a Go light mounted on the front top of the pilot house. The problem is the reflection off the front of the boat makes the light ineffective. Was planning on moving the light to the bow pulpit but would reconsider if what you have proves effective.
So as far as the bow lights go they light up my barn like it is day time. Used my barn door to adjust them for height assuming I had the trailer at the proper tilt like if it was running in the water. These things are super bright.
As for the hatch in the cabin floor. I cut out the hole myself and made a hatch door out of KOOSA board. The floor is a full 1" thick so you would need a 1" piece of KOOSA. The stuff is less than half the weight of the original marine plywood weight. It is also as strong or stronger than the plywood. I love the stuff. Kind of tough to find right now but should free up soon. That is where my batteries are located. Hopefully it will balance out the extra weight of the new motor and bracket.

Who makes the bow lights?

Hopefully a manufacture, who hard wires the lights to a switch that can only be turned on when there are no other boats nearby, who will be blinded and have their night vision destroyed by those lights......:p:)

Back