No Name Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Bill

Reaction score
A bud of mine has an older 21 SE that has no Parker Logo or pin stripe on the sides. I know we are all proud of our Parkers--in fact I have a Parker decal on the back of my Suburban. This boat looks very neat and sharp with no decals.

I buff and polish my 23 SE often and lightly go over the Parker logo. After a while the black gives way and the red starts to show through. On my former Parker I replaced both sides after three years. I was thinking of going plain when my decals start to look ratty.

Because of the distinctive Carolina flared bow, I can tell a Parker coming a long way away. Have any of you peeled the vinyl off and left it off? What do you think? Would this be blaspheme?

Positve side of retirement:
a. time to fish
b. time to make great accoutrements for your Parker (e.g. horizontal rod holders)
c. time to travel to great places to fish

Negative side of retirement:
a. time to ponder things that only Megabyte would fret over

Seriously though, I'll maintain the pinstripe but once the decal starts looking shabby - it's outta here.

True boon on all counts.

This on and off spring weather has me fishing less and pondering more. Normally in April the computer goes several days with only being used to check weather. Lately I been on line more and fishing less. Should have gone yesterday. The weather men missed it and my bud Les had had 12 stripers over 20 pounds casting lures in the afternoon.

I had good days Tues and Wed but cancelled yesterday and today. We will see now if we get the 30 to 40 kt winds predicted.

And yes, I have noticed Megabyte is a detail guy like me.

Now you have me thinking about the pin stripe. I get a custom striper to do my Suburbans. It is all freehand and beautiful. Nothing wild, just a very nice double stripe with a fancier arrow on the front and a nice monogram on the door in case I forget what my truck looks like. :roll:

Have any of you scrapped the tape altogether and had a real stripe painted on your Parker?

There's no problems with decals at all ... just be CAREFUL around them and do not clean or wax on them with any power tool.

My decals are going on 15 years now and other than a 'ding' here and there where the previous owner (not me, of course ;) ) nudged up against something to remove a piece ... I have bright black decals with no red showing through.

I hand clean and hand wax the area around the decals. I personally prefer a boat with the brand name on it, but not like boats like ROBALO where the name is over a foot high and > 1/3rd of the way down the hull. To me that's stupid!

I have pulled off the pinstripe and Parker logos on my last 2 Parkers. Also pulled the tape and Loadmaster logos off the trailer. The molded plastic Silverado and Chevrolet emblems also came off the truck tailgate.

Do have the Parker logo on front of radio box. :wink:

I regret not having the decals removed from my boat. I think it would have looked a lot cleaner to have a nice boot stripe and not the fancy factory decals on my boat.

I'm with Fish Factory.
Any and every removable lable comes off of my stuff.
My trucks my bikes and soon my Parker.
Though soon I will p.m. Tom S. about a parkerized boat name.

B-Faithful":6wwwq23q said:
I regret not having the decals removed from my boat. I think it would have looked a lot cleaner to have a nice boot stripe and not the fancy factory decals on my boat.

I may do exactly that to my rig once it's uncovered! :)

All branding on my boat,including the 23SE on the sides of the console.
is going to be removed. Thinking that even the furuno sticker on the dome is coming off and being modified. If there is a shadow where the parker was I think that will look cool until it fades away.

Funny to see this thread. I actually own a branding firm, but mine stickers and pinstripes are coming off before the boat gets splashed. I may do a different stripe at some point, but the gold and black just did not work for me. Plus the big Parker logo on the sides will clash with the boat name when I get around to doing that.

I'll post some pics later this Spring.

Yea i would like to see some picture of your friends boat as well as yours!!I would like to make mine plain as well very clean looking!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud to tell people I own a Parker. In my opinion (and many other's) one of the most seaworthy of boats. But I've had the philosophy for years.... "If you want to advertise, pay for a billboard". I've always hated to see good engineering defaced with graffiti. And believe me, when those decals start to deteriorate, it looks like graffiti.

i took my parker decal of the side to put my name there here is a picture of it

Attachments

• P1000181.JPG
    P1000181.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,306
I have taken opff the decals on my previous boat.just get a heat gun and gently warm the surface,don't overdo it otherwise you can damage the glass.Using the heat gun works like a charm,I use it to remove my registration stickers in the spring as well.

My decals have all been off for over 2 years. I like the plain look.

But I was at a boat show a few weeks ago and noticed the new

3-D decals that Parker is using now and just loved them.

They added a touch more class to an already classy line of boats..

Oh yea heat gun will do it nice and easy cause i did it on my F-150 truck and came off like a charm!!!

boondoggle":2owy2qjw said:
time to ponder things that only Megabyte would fret over

:lol:

I replaced the factory logos last year, and then added to them.

DSCN0027.JPG

A couple of years ago, I bought 2 sets of Sou`wester logos after they were reproduced from this photograph...

Image-BA08417EC5A111D9.jpg

Maybe someday... :wink:

Dom:

I've got my hull decals and pin stripe off, but left the Parker logo (Parker only/no 2320) and pin stripe on the PH sides and it looks very classy. Lots of looks and questions/compliments. Everybody thinks it is the 25.

FYI: mine peeled right off with no heat.......i live in FL, so I have to qualify "no heat".

jim

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,204
Back