Norm from Nor-Cal. 2006 2520 XLDSC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NormH

Reaction score
Hey I'm really glad you guys got this site going. I've found it very informative and hopefully some of the info I can pass on will be beneficial to others. I do most of my fishing out of Santa Cruz sometimes Monterey or Half Moon Bay. Usually fish for King Salmon, Rockcod and Albacore.

I picked up my new Parker in January and had all of the electronics installed about a month ago. I love the boat, so far 13hrs. and I just did the first service which is why I like the outboards most of it I can do myself. I had a Seaswirl 2301 before the Parker and there is no comparison this boat is a tank. Some of the add-ons, I had 1 1/4 railing wrapped around the back which is good for Northern Cal. We get some pretty big swells and all of the trolling with downriggers reaching over I'd hate for me or one of my mates going in the drink. 45gal. Off Shore brand livewell, Raymarine C-120 which I had the dash raised and glassed to fit the unit, Raymarine 4kw radar, 1KW airmar b-260 transducer which the glasser also made a custom fiberglass fairing block for. This performs great no interference at all when cruising at 25mph, Xantrex- battery combiner, Guest 3-bank battery charger, Simrad AP-16 auto pilot, Scotty 1106 downriggers, Jensen Stereo, and a Icom 502 radio. Thank God I'm done, salmon season opens up April 1 and I'm ready to fish. Hope I have enough money to buy some bait.

I went through Parkers plant in November with the dealer I bought my boat from. I was able to see my boat on the line and meet Lynwood, Robin and Russel great people, class act operation and they build an excellent boat.
Norm-proud Parker owner

Attachments

• P3190037.JPG
    P3190037.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 2,474
  • P2070033.JPG
    P2070033.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,474
  • P2070028.JPG
    P2070028.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 2,474
Congrats, Norm I was with you when you went through the plant in Nov. It was a blast to say the least. I remembered seeing your boat being built and she looks great now that she is rigged. Nice job on the helm. Have fun and stay in touch. Capt. Brad

Greetings Norm!

I love what you and your glass guy did with the helm!
We need to send some of these photos to the factory! :)

Yours is only the second Parker I've seen with the cockpit rail, but it does look good!
Here is the other one... I shot this photo in Reedville, VA.

Image-BA086541C5A111D9.jpg

See? You're in good company!

Norm .... I was just browsing old postings and noticed the stern rails on your boat - nice job! I am just buying an '07 2520 and will be using it in a
charter service in BC Canada and I feel the same way about the stern rails.
Where did you have them done, how much, where did you mount your down riggers ( I use scottys too). You must be pretty happy with your boat now, and figured out all the things I am just about to learn! This is my first Parker after 40 years of boating and fishing and I'm as excited as a teenager. Hope to hear from you, and enjoy your boat. Wayne
PS I'm picking my boat up in Florida on two weeks then spending a month
at Lake Havasu dodging the weather at home. I'm hoping to get the rails
installed while I'm South. W

Hello Norm,

Wow . . . it has been a while since I have been on the site.

Nice looking boat and very nicely equiped as well.

Is that the Wild Wave moored behind you in the photo of you at the Santa Cruz ramp dock? I thought it was a gonner.

I am waiting for May 1 to come . . . Rock Fish opens below Monterey.

I am not holding out any hope for Salmon this year . . . I believe it is a foregone conclusion.

It looks like you are set for our local Alberts this summer . . . lets just hope they come within 100 miles offshore this year . . . sheesh!

I normally launch our of Moss Landing as it is MUCH easier to get my big fat 9' 6" wide 2530XLD to the ramp.

I hope to see you on the big pond soon . . . give a shout for "Empty Pockets" over the VHF . . . if I am on . . . I will shout back.

NICE boat Norm!

See you on the outside!

Kevin G.

What make/model of Guide-Ons do you have on that trailer. Mine have rusted to the point they got week and broke off. Time to get a new (hopefully stronger) set.

Need some guidance.

Dave

aka

Hello Dave,

I'm not NormH, but I do recognise his trailer . . . I have one just like it.

It is a Pacific Trailer. They are made in San Diego and they have a great facility in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I have the guide bunks as well . . . VERY nice to have them.

I had to replace one side of mine and it was zero problem to do so. I don't recall the cost . . . but I didn't have to call 911 when they gave me the bill if that helps.

http://www.pacifictrailers.com/ Check it out . . .

Kevin G.

Welcome. You CA guys really go all out with your modifications.

I've noticed that out West you mostly seem to have the steel trailers with the horizontal guide-ons. We in the south primarily have the aluminum trailers with the vertical PVC guide-ons. I have always wondered why that is?

Kevin G.":2b7vnhdg said:
Hello Dave,

I'm not NormH, but I do recognise his trailer . . . I have one just like it.

It is a Pacific Trailer. They are made in San Diego and they have a great facility in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I have the guide bunks as well . . . VERY nice to have them.

I had to replace one side of mine and it was zero problem to do so. I don't recall the cost . . . but I didn't have to call 911 when they gave me the bill if that helps.

http://www.pacifictrailers.com/ Check it out . . .

Kevin G.

Thanks...just what I was looking for. They appear much stronger than the ones I have.

So what size base and upright do you think I'd need for a 2510 (MV, not the newer XL)?

Dave

aka

Hello Dave,

The guide base comes standard with a 3 x 3 square tube for the uprights. The guide base mounts to the trailer frame via U-Bolts and Shackels.

The length/depth of the guide base will depend on how wide your trailer is compaired to your hull.

All of the uprights are designed to fit in the 3 x 3 guide tube, the difference with them is the height.

Pacific Trailer also make standard (and non standard) carpeted guide bunks.

I have them and like them very much . . . makes alignment and recovery eaiser.

I hope this helps!

Kevin G.

IMGP1218.jpg

Back