Northeast Boating Article

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapeCodFrank

Reaction score
I just got the February edition of Northeast Boating magazine. They have a nice article on the Parker 25 Sport Cabin on page 22. Written bu John Williams, it mentions Capt. Mike Murphy who charters "Tide Runner" on the Chesapeake Bay. It describes the history of Parker boats and of the 25' pilothouse. Worth checking out.

Wow, to think that edition has been 'sitting on my desk' ... waiting to be read!

Now, should we tell Northeast Boating that Classic Parker is THE website for any Parker boat?

Attachments

• Parker1 (Medium).jpg
    Parker1 (Medium).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,801
  • Parker2 (Small).jpg
    Parker2 (Small).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,795
The author of that article, John Page Williams, absolutely knows about ClassicParker.
He is a member of my local fishing club and we 'talk Parker' all the time. :wink:
He told me awhile back at one of our meetings that he was doing that piece.

If my boat had not already been winterized, it might have been the subject of that article. :)

Since I don't get that particular magazine, if someone would email me a scanned pdf I'd be forever grateful. 8)

Very cool! Again, as requested by Kevin, if someone would be kind enough to scan a copy of the article I would like to get a copy.

Dale, I would like a copy also if possible, but maybe it would be easier to get his permission and post the article here? I think all us 2520 guys would like to read it. Thanks for all you do.

I would like to read the article myself. I have a 1990 2520 MV and

am always interested in any articles about that model. It is one

fantastic fishing machine.

I went to www.northeastboating.net and was able to purchase the single issue through their "contact us" link. It was at my door in two days for a minimal postage charge plus the $5 bucks or so for the mag. (They only distribute to retailers from northern Jersey up).

Their sister mag Chesapeake Boating is distributed in my area, but I wasn't able locate a retailer that carried it either! A pretty decent mag.....I may consider subscribing.

I'd be careful with scanning into PDF with respect to copyright law.

A phone number and contact for single issues is; You can purchase single copies from the circulation manager if you like. Her name is Debbie Flair, phone is 410.263.2662.

Enjoy!
Brian

Just got it the other day. It was one of those "Hey, I recognize that boat!" moments.

I like that mag. I hope they stick around. Its been getting thinner each month. The advertising $$ just aren't there anymore.

I havent seen or read the article yet. I just got a pm about it on THT. I am awaiting my dad to get his in NJ and he will fax me copies.

Boat does well in a chop. I dont run at the same speeds as a deep v but the 45 degree entry to 24 degree by the helm to 12 degree transom deadrise doesnt do bad. Key is to keep the boat running level and let the shape of the hull do the work. Judge just sold a 27 Chesapeake this fall to a deep v owner who was very impressed with the ride. I took him on the sea trial and the fact that we were able to stay on plane nice and level at 16-18mph in a BIG chop just following a nasty squal sold him on the boat. He previous deep v feel off plane at about 22mph according to him and he said that it was either bogging the boat or an uncomfortable ride at 22mph in a big chop. Given the fact that he isnt a canyon person and his runs arent overly long, the slower speeds worked for him for comfort.

Does the article talk about the history of the hull?

B-Faithful":6q1v4i66 said:
I havent seen or read the article yet. I just got a pm about it on THT. I am awaiting my dad to get his in NJ and he will fax me copies.

Boat does well in a chop. I dont run at the same speeds as a deep v but the 45 degree entry to 24 degree by the helm to 12 degree transom deadrise doesnt do bad. Key is to keep the boat running level and let the shape of the hull do the work. Judge just sold a 27 Chesapeake this fall to a deep v owner who was very impressed with the ride. I took him on the sea trial and the fact that we were able to stay on plane nice and level at 16-18mph in a BIG chop just following a nasty squal sold him on the boat. He previous deep v feel off plane at about 22mph according to him and he said that it was either bogging the boat or an uncomfortable ride at 22mph in a big chop. Given the fact that he isnt a canyon person and his runs arent overly long, the slower speeds worked for him for comfort.

Does the article talk about the history of the hull?

yes it does as it mentioned the 12 degree deadrise,thats why i asked the lines of that boat are very nice and i was surprised how fast the boat goes with that single honda ob,when i upgrade to a larger boat i may have to look into the 27

dave

Here a couple of shots I have..

Attachments

• cabin1.jpg
    cabin1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 576
  • cabin2.jpg
    cabin2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 576
  • cabin3.jpg
    cabin3.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 575
While getting off topic a bit, it is important to know when and where you are using your boat. The 12 degree deadrise with sharp bow is great (and fuel efficient!) for relatively protected waters like the bay where you will get big chop, but no significant rolling seas.

Off shore there simply is no substitute for deadrise. It is impossible NOT to fall off the front of an occasional big sea and not worrying about it lets you run a bit faster and a LOT more comfortably. Yes, you will come off plane earlier (22 mph seems awfully high to come off plane, though) and burn more fuel, and perhaps rock more in a drift.

Different tools for different jobs!

Back