northeast Philly, what can you do?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcunniff

Reaction score
Hello, I have been looking at jobs in different areas, I mentioned Beloit WI before. Want to ask a question on towns beyond NE Philly on the PA side.

Anybody boat from marinas? Do you run all the way down the Delaware? Time it takes? How much is no wake? Much boating in the Delaware itself?

Job might be in the wedge below where 95 and 276 cross, down Route 1 from 276.

Thanks.

Dana

Woah, you talking the Delaware River ? ???? ? ? ? ? ?
I live not too far from the intersection of I-476 and I-95. The Delaware river is fresh water here, and not the cleanest body of water either. i.e trash :shock:

I keep my boat along the shore of NJ, the marina where I'm at is a good 80-90 miles from my house. Good fishing all along the NJ coast with the Cape May area being really good. That will be a hike for you by car though, maybe 100+ miles....

Right Tim. I'm talking the Delaware. If I end up in PA, I would be on the north side of Philly based on work location likely. I am familiar with the Delaware farther north as I was in Bordentown NJ on many business trips and talked to people at a marina there much further upstream.

I do not believe I would want to keep it at the Jersey shore. I prefer to be closer to the boat, my preference.

Dana

Tim, I am a little less familiar with the south side. I've heard of your town.

I know it can be slow to go 95 through to the northside at times, and you have to change highways to swing around it west to get to the northside.

Dana

My in-laws live in Lower Makefield PA (across the river from Trenton NJ) and are within walking distance to the Delaware River. The river by them is filled with HUGE boulders and fast water. I've seen smaller boats, 14-18 footers, fishing it from time to time. I know there is a good shad run every spring and I'd guess they catch stripers there also. Heavy rains bring alot of flooding also with white water common in the areas of these rocks. I'm not sure what the river is like north of that, I've never been up that far. Good luck with your job prospects.

Thanks Tim. I talked to some at the yacht club in Bordentown before, south of Trenton. They would run down to Philly and maybe to the bay.

I would likely head south on the river.

I've heard of the shad and stripers. Thanks for the feedback Tim.

Dana

Back