Notched transom CC cutting board ideas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer79

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm looking for what your guys solution to a bait cutting board for a Parker CC with a notched transom. I was close to pulling the trigger (and still might) on some pipe work in the transom are from the rear jumpsuits and over the outboard. I could then also add a few rod holders ro it. Currently, I am using a 5 gallon bucket cutting board and it is not very comfortable. I have had bad luck with rod holder boards since they always seem in the way and the adjustable angle Device never seems to lock down tight enough.

How are you all dealing with this? Any tips or ideas?

Oh and by the way I have a 2100 DV CC.
Take a look at the older Conch 27's. They used a motor "cover" that offered the best of both worlds....effectively a closed transom but without the bracket getting in the way of fishing. Often saw bait boards mounted on the top of the covers. Just need a fiberglass guy instead of an aluminum fabricator.

Search images using Google "Conch 27"...I am unable to paste the images to this site. The Parker 2100 has more freeboard in the stern than the Conch so one could make it more streamlined than the Conch (lower motor cowling position on the Parker). SeaVee also used a similar design at one time.

Thats an interesting idea. I do see the Conchs have a splash well it mounts to. As you know the 2100 does not. I do think it would be cost prohibitive for a fiberglass shop to make a "one off" and don't think it would trailer well. It would take up a ton of room to be able to tilt the motor all of the way up. I also think its kinds of ugly. Thanks for the idea though.

You got me thinking again about that idea . Ive been thinking the same thing . I was thinking about adding rod holder to the inside of my stern seats and see if my portable folding fish table from cabelas is the right size to go down in rod holder on each side . It has a small sink in it as well
Im going to have to get back to it . Should be about the same if it works i have the 2120 sc

I added a board to the stern hatch cover. Not sure if you have that option…just a thought.1648562226082.jpeg

Attachments

• F06B74EF-6322-405B-94E3-F056302CBD06.jpeg
    F06B74EF-6322-405B-94E3-F056302CBD06.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 15
Top quality bait boards have pretty substantial "clamps" and have held up to 1,000's of butterfish,bunker, sardines... I've never had a issue w/ a good one. I have a cheapy bait board at the moment and that held up well cutting chum in the keys but I was a little ginger w/ it.

Are you happy with it? Any issues with it tilting when cutting bait?
I was, it definitely did it's job. It was easy to remove when not needed however it was a bit too bulking to hide out of the way on the boat when not using. My 19' Kencraft didn't have storage in the center console for something like this. Your CC is larger than mine was. Also, there are other brands that are more economical if you search for them. Lastly, no issues with it tilting, it locks in place and did it's intended job.

post a pic of your boat... haven"t met too many people with another 2100DV CC

Here is what I did and it works great. I put my cutting board on a hinge so when the motors come up the board tilts with it. I have a leg in between the motors that the bar falls into to keep the board level and stable.

Attachments

• parker b.jpg
    parker b.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2562.jpg
    IMG_2562.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back