NSS 9 EVO3S Flush Mount clearance.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miker1234

Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase and flush mount a 9” NSS EVO3S in my 22’ 2320 right below the Yamaha Command Link. Does anyone have this set up? If so, how much room is there on each side of the unit. Simrad doesn’t have the outer dimensions of the flush mount kit online. Thanks!

Thanks! Do you know how much bigger is the flush mount bezel is?
What exactly do you mean by “flush mount bezel”? The flush mounted unit just has the overall dimensions of the normal screen mounted flush to the surface. There’s no additional piece, you remove the trim around the edges of the screen, fasten it in with screws, and replace the trim.

Thanks for the photos! Here is the flush mount bezel. I’m not sure if the mounting is different for the 9 vs 12”

Attachments

• 9E8D458F-24EC-407F-9789-23AAC55B07D5.png
    9E8D458F-24EC-407F-9789-23AAC55B07D5.png
    547.1 KB · Views: 0
A bit off topic, but if I were buying a chartplotter I would go with Garmin. I have a Garmin in one boat and a Simrad in another. I hate the Simrad. The Garmin is so much more user friendly. As an example: On the Garmin when you want to do auto routing you can just touch your destination. and bingo, it calculates the route. The Simrad requires several key stokes etc. It can be rather frustrating.

Which model chart plotter do you have? I played with both at WestMarine but was on the fence between models. Other than routing, what other pain points do you experience with Simrad Vs Garmin?

Which model chart plotter do you have? I played with both at WestMarine but was on the fence between models. Other than routing, what other pain points do you experience with Simrad Vs Garmin?
I’ll say what I always say: Garmin/Simrad is the same as Apple/Android, it’s user preference. I can’t STAND Garmin’s menu chain; to me, Simrad is twice as intuitive and easier to make changes to settings.

There’s no “easier/harder”, it’s simply what you prefer.

For reference, I have an older GO9XSE in my 17’ and two EVO3S units in my 25’. I prefer the EVOs, but that’s mostly because of the keys and knobs. The overall interface is similar. I played with the NSXs briefly and thought they were a bit different.

The Garmin is so much more user friendly.

Yep..

I can’t STAND Garmin’s menu chain; to me, Simrad is twice as intuitive and easier to make changes to settings.

And I find Garmin Much easier..... Finding the Sky view for number of Sats locked in.....Finding the Sonar Transmit and turning off transmit while having the unit ON and out of the water....You don't want the Sonar transmitting out of the water....Water cools it, and Large units [1000 watt] can be overheated and damaged out of the water.

Yep..

And I find Garmin Much easier..... Finding the Sky view for number of Sats locked in.....Finding the Sonar Transmit and turning off transmit while having the unit ON and out of the water....You don't want the Sonar transmitting out of the water....Water cools it, and Large units [1000 watt] can be overheated and damaged out of the water.

Simrad does the same thing… Menu -> More Options -> Pause. Three taps, five seconds.

It’s just all about which one you prefer.

Reactions: A^4
Someone needs to tell me how to put in an auto guidance route. On the Garmin I just press on the screen where I want to go, hit auto guidance and bam I have the route. I am new to the Simrad and here is what I have to do:
Waypoints>New Route>Use Chart>Touch Chart near boat> Find destination on chart>touch destination>Hit auto routing>wait for route to calculate>name route>save route. I also can't figure out why there is a choice to display a route you are not even using. And when you see one on the chart, try to figure out which one it is because it isn't even active. I just find the whole thing frustrating. I have watched their YouTube videos etc.

Someone needs to tell me how to put in an auto guidance route. On the Garmin I just press on the screen where I want to go, hit auto guidance and bam I have the route. I am new to the Simrad and here is what I have to do:
Waypoints>New Route>Use Chart>Touch Chart near boat> Find destination on chart>touch destination>Hit auto routing>wait for route to calculate>name route>save route. I also can't figure out why there is a choice to display a route you are not even using. And when you see one on the chart, try to figure out which one it is because it isn't even active. I just find the whole thing frustrating. I have watched their YouTube videos etc.
Admittedly it sounds like that’s how the NSS handles auto routing. That particular feature is a bit more cumbersome. Frankly, that’s completely irrelevant to me as I never have and probably never will trust a recreational-grade chart plotter, especially one with recreational-grade base maps, to calculate a route for me. Even the million dollar, updated weekly, commercial ECDIS systems we use at work all have routes manually built and verified by the navigator prior to use. Navigationally, allowing a computer to decide where you drive is just unthinkable to me.

For what it’s worth, the NSX apparently has a much simpler auto routing feature. So if it’s important to you, that process may improve with software updates to your system.

Back