ny fishing license

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker23

Reaction score
Wait to see the new cost of the drivers lic. and auto regs. The Governor is blind to the concerns of the residents of NYS.

I am hearing that it will go into effect oct. 1 and at the yearly fee (no prorate). also now when you got rod strapped to your car miles away from the water enforcement has the right to stop and check you for the license.

The latest I have heard is that the money is going to be used for salaries. Who's I do not know.

This government is Killing us. I will stop fishing by Oct. 1st. if it passes.

I am an avid hunter and usually buy the super sportsman's license. Not this year. I am going to but the minimum license I need. I refuse to pay 10.00 for doe tags and 10.00 for turkey tags. Just a heads up, they are taking about starting a pheasant stamp and a trout stamp all at an extra cost to us the sportsman. I really can't wait to retire and move out of this state.

The Oct 1st. start to the saltwater license is in litigation so no one is sure if it is going to start on the 1st.

I also read that license sales for the 1st week of sales is way down.

The state of Maryland sells individual fishing licenses, but for anyone fishing from a boat, they have a boat license that covers everyone on board.
Virginia does the same and the licenses are reciprocal.

When you buy your license, it comes with a sticker that is color coded and is the same size as the vessel license.
Spotting a boat with a bad license is easy to see from a distance.

The Coasties do not enforce inshore fishing regulations.
That is the domain of the Natural Resources Police in Maryland.

DSCN0021.JPG

Parker23":2xip2az4 said:
What court is going to handle the cases?

My bad not litigation but legislation pending. This is what the DEC web site says's in the FAQ

When will the license requirements become effective?
Beginning October 1, 2009, all anglers, required to do so, must have a recreational marine fishing license.

[Note: there is pending legislation that may delay the effective date of the implementation of the recreational marine fishing license until January 1, 2010.]

Sorry, what i meant is what court will hold the hearings if you get fined and plead not guilty.

Parker23":25tn4k4e said:
Sorry, what i meant is what court will hold the hearings if you get fined and plead not guilty.

It will be what ever jurisdiction you in. ie; City Island would be Bronx court, New Rochelle would be New Rochellle court..

I wonder what the fines will be...

I just moved back to North Carolina a few months ago and was shocked to find out that you have to have a license to fish in the ocean. I was disgusted. Not having a license is a misdemeanor. You can beat your wife, drive drunk, smoke dope, snort cocaine...but God help you if you get charged with a marine fisheries or wildlife offense. You'll get active time and high fines compared to the others (except cocaine).

My 76-year-old father who has never fished a day in his life became furious when he saw my fishing license. He asked me what it was for. I told him and I said, "Isn't that ridiculous?" He screamed "It's worse than that! It's fascist tyranny!" :lol:

Back