Okay, I give up. What's this breaker for?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swatski

Reaction score
I'm thinking windlass?

Could someone please confirm, or educate me.
I can't get to the boat right now and it drives me crazy.
With that breaker OFF everything works, except I did not check the windlass, so that's probably it!
1617582004943.png

EDIT: I know, RTFM.
I did. Still -can't find it. They give you a memory stick which is not particularly helpful; the owner's manual is not model specific.

Last edited:
I'm thinking windlass?

Could someone please confirm, or educate me.
I can't get to the boat right now and it drives me crazy.
With that breaker OFF everything works, except I did not check the windlass, so that's probably it!
View attachment 28483
Hi Swatski, First, sorry for the blurry photos (Snips)..... This first photo below is the breaker for our Lewmar windlass, which is to the right as you enter the cuddy cabin. (It is labeled 'Lewmar Windlass)... It is kept 'OFF' unless I am using the windlass.... I would think you too would have a separate breaker like this farther forward in the boat for your windlass.

1617582981758.png

This second photo is of a breaker, like yours, and in the exact same location as yours, in the battery compartment. The fact that I have that one, AND the separate one for the windlass makes me think that that is not your windlass breaker. I have never touched that breaker, so I'll get to learn along with you, what it is.... I always thought it was the 'main breaker' that would cut off all DC power going to the under dash Buss bars.....

Attachments

• 1617582526639.png
    1617582526639.png
    775.4 KB · Views: 24
Hi Swatski, First, sorry for the blurry photos (Snips)..... This first photo below is the breaker for our Lewmar windlass, which is to the right as you enter the cuddy cabin. (It is labeled 'Lewmar Windlass)... It is kept 'OFF' unless I am using the windlass.... I would think you too would have a separate breaker like this farther forward in the boat for your windlass.

View attachment 28487

This second photo is of a breaker, like yours, and in the exact same location as yours, in the battery compartment. The fact that I have that one, AND the separate one for the windlass makes me think that that is not your windlass breaker. I have never touched that breaker, so I'll get to learn along with you, what it is.... I always thought it was the 'main breaker' that would cut off all DC power going to the under dash Buss bars.....
Okay, thank you, I feel so much better already!

Your bottom pic does show a very similar breaker to my mystery unit.
Caught my attention as it was OFF after delivery, and I don't recall messing with it.
Oh well, if nothing else I'll email Parker and asked them directly.

Okay, thank you, I feel so much better already!

Your bottom pic does show a very similar breaker to my mystery unit.
Caught my attention as it was OFF after delivery, and I don't recall messing with it.
Oh well, if nothing else I'll email Parker and asked them directly.
You mentioned that on your boat, 'with that breaker off, everything works'. With its location, and being the same as ours, I'd have to guess it is serving the same function;... let's see if one of the CP electrical gurus will let us know what that function is!

You mentioned that on your boat, 'with that breaker off, everything works'. With its location, and being the same as ours, I'd have to guess it is serving the same function;... let's see if one of the CP electrical gurus will let us know what that function is!
I shouldn't have said "everything" because it could be windlass, I think, also didn't actually start the motor just ignition switch in ON position.

I shouldn't have said "everything" because it could be windlass, I think, also didn't actually start the motor just ignition switch in ON position.
Thoughts;
Was your windlass factory installed, or installed by the dealer? If yours was factory installed, maybe that IS where they install the windlass breaker? Since our boat was a couple years old when we got it, I don't know if the windlass was factory installed, or if done by the dealer. If done by the dealer, the first owner may have requested the additional breaker just to have it closer to the helm for convenience. The manual recommends that the windlass breaker be 'off', unless actually using the windlass; this, to insure there is no accidental deployment of the anchor... It would be more convenient to have it near the helm and windlass control. The breaker in the battery compartment is not a handy place for a windlass breaker.

I have a 25se with the windlass factory installed ad that breaker is for my windlass

I'd say you already answered your own question....It's a higher amperage breaker...[50 amp is for a Windless]...

Thank you very much. Will try to confirm tonight. Just learning this new boat. I must say, becoming more and more impressed with design and fit and finish as I pour over it.

--

Yes .... windlass. Same location on my boat with a windlass.

You might also have another circuit breaker (30 amps?) for the rest of the boat's electrical systems

Thank you very much. Will try to confirm tonight. Just learning this new boat. I must say, becoming more and more impressed with design and fit and finish as I pour over it.

--
Hi Swatski, Thank you for this original post; I'm hoping to learn from it too... When you check yours out, please confirm that the breaker/switch in your the battery compartment (The original question in your post) is in fact, for your windlass. I got confused by some of the other responses. If that is your windlass breaker, then I still don't know what that same switch in my battery compartment controls... And if that is your windlass breaker/switch, I'm still surprised it was installed that far from the bow/windlass location, and that far from the helm area... On our boat, I don't understand why the Parker factory and/or the dealer would have installed two of them on our boat... ??

Last edited:
Nope. Not a windlass breaker...
With this breaker clearly OFF the windlass works.
1617674364983.png

Everything else also works, and the engine trims and starts.
1617674521574.png

Battery switch is in COMBINE (1+2) - maybe that has something to do with the mystery?
I was instructed by the dealer to use it in 1+2 all the time, not what I do with my other boat but that one has a VSR etc.

This is a stock pic, but the same switch panel as in my boat:
1617674879686.png

Last edited:
BTW, they install nice cabin and cockpit lights, in addition to spreader.
1617675115310.png
1617675527031.png

Last edited:
Nope. Not a windlass breaker...
With this breaker clearly OFF the windlass works.
View attachment 28498

Everything else also works, and the engine trims and starts.
View attachment 28499

Battery switch is in COMBINE (1+2) - maybe that has something to do with the mystery?
I was instructed by the dealer to use it in 1+2 all the time, not what I do with my other boat but that one has a VSR etc.

This is a stock pic, but the same switch panel as in my boat:
View attachment 28500

How about the bilge pumps when activated by the float switches? The bilge pumps typically are dual controlled. Switched from the main switch panel and also directly wired to the battery and switched on and off via float switches. Have you verified with that breaker off that the bilge pumps come on via float switch?

Last edited:
How about the bilge pumps when activated by the float switches? The bilge pumps typically are dual controlled. Switched from the main switch panel and also directly wired to the battery and switched on and off via float switches. Have you verified with that breaker off that the bilge pumps come on via float switch?
Yessir. That was one of the first thoughts even though it seemed rather large for that purpose; stern bilge pump appears to work when activated from the dash panel or by lifting the paddle switch inside the bilge with that breaker off. But - I do need to go over everything again with a checklist just to make sure I'm not confusing myself.

I want to isolate the batteries on the main switch, too, to use them one at the time; and try to trace that (black...?) wire...
I may also contact my dealer and shoot an email to Parker, they have been responsive in the past.

That's a strange one! 100amp breaker must control something quite large yet all the systems "work" when switched off?

Trace the wires. See where it goes. That will tell you what the breaker controls.

Could this be Yamaha aux charging cable? But, it's black.
I emailed the dealer, will update if I hear anything. Tracing it will be tricky even with a borescope.

--

These are beautiful pictures of you Parker... Great lighting!.. I hope to see more!
The original question about if the switch in the battery compartment is for the windlass, is answered in the photo of the switch panel. It shows the windlass switch/breaker to the right of "Main #1" and "Main #2. That shows that the switch/breaker in the battery compartment is not the windlass switch/breaker.... I've never 'flipped' the switch that's in the batter compartment; I will next time on the boat.

Could this be Yamaha aux charging cable? But, it's black.
I emailed the dealer, will update if I hear anything. Tracing it will be tricky even with a borescope.

--
Most likely not. The AUX charging system on the F300 is 35 amps as I recall. It wouldn't have a 100-amp breaker.

These are beautiful pictures of you Parker... Great lighting!.. I hope to see more!
The original question about if the switch in the battery compartment is for the windlass, is answered in the photo of the switch panel. It shows the windlass switch/breaker to the right of "Main #1" and "Main #2. That shows that the switch/breaker in the battery compartment is not the windlass switch/breaker.... I've never 'flipped' the switch that's in the batter compartment; I will next time on the boat.
Dammmmmm. Lololol. Do I feel stupid?
Yes, one of the breakers SAYS “WINDLASS”, alright!

here is the first response from my dealer:
“I'm going to send this picture to my head mechanic and see if he knows. I would have guessed that the breaker controls the windlass but I guess not. Maybe the second station controls? I'll see what I can find out.”

and then:
“They're telling me it should be the breaker for the dash board. So your electronics and maybe key switch. “

Well, I know it is not the case, at least not with the main switch on 1+2.
The search continues...

Back