one more week to go

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTPURSUIT

Reaction score
One more week till striper season opens in the Chesapeake. Went out the other night to scout around (middle bay), saw a lot of nice marks, I'm pumped !!

Attachments

• IMAG1263.jpg
    IMAG1263.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 390
I try to stay out of that high traffic area on opening weekend. I fished north of the BB to the chester river last year and did just fine, so that's where I am planning on heading

It does get a bit crowded, sometimes it feels like your playin chicken when running planers. Not much Love at Love Pt. on opening day, it can get crowded their too. Opening day, I'll start fishing around 3pm and by 5 or 6 its not bad at all.

Good luck !
Anthony

Capt Kevin and Greg, are you guys heading out?

Fished Sat Matapeake to BB back to western shore, picked up a 36 and 39 right in the middle. Heard of another 39 and a 45 caught on west side by southern ships.

Sunday out of Deale was a bust.

We went 5 for 8 by the bay bridge in a mid day trip.. Biggest fish went just over 40".

With the quick warming of surface temps and the deeper water still cool, fish have been coming very shallow. Be sure to mix some light solo baits in the spread.

I am not sure if I will do opening day or not. If I do it likely will be in the afternoon after the crowds die down some.

Here is a decent fish we had..

Attachments

• sr.jpg
    sr.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 114
We went 5 for 8 by the bay bridge in a mid day trip.. Biggest fish went just over 40".

With the quick warming of surface temps and the deeper water still cool, fish have been coming very shallow. Be sure to mix some light solo baits in the spread.

I am not sure if I will do opening day or not. If I do it likely will be in the afternoon after the crowds die down some.

Here is a decent fish we had..

I was looking through the photos and noticed something pretty interesting. You might already be aware of this but the fish you caught is actually not a striped bass. Its a hybrid between a striped bass and white bass (wiper), which can recognized by the broken stripes on the side. People typically bread and stock them in fresh water but im assuming the one you caught was born that way in the wild. Up our way Ive never noticed any wipers around so its pretty cool to see. Nice fish!

Back