One tough boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that’s serious. I wonder if it was alcohol or an autopilot. Keep your eyes open guys. This past weekend during the lobster opener I had a 40’+ ocean yacht barrel down on me that was on auto pilot. Less than 100’ feet away I had to drop my rod, run to the helm and gun it. The guy running the ocean yacht needed to retire and was completely blind with his bow straight up in the air. I was on a 32’ and he didn’t see us. I was pissed and chased him down. After about 5 minutes on how he shouldn’t be driving , the son took over and turned around. Why on earth would a 40’ be running in 15’ of water with lobster buoys everywhere. Autopilots don’t think, they just do.

If the impact was with another vessel, location of impact zone on the Parker does not bode well for the owner.....

Think I'll pass on Furuno radar, just sayin'
Gotta have it on to have it work 🤷🏻‍♂️
Fun fact that a lot of people don’t think about: if your boat is equipped with radar, and you’re involved in a collision while the radar was not on and being used, your liability for the collision increases since you were not using “all available means” to assess/avoid collision as per the COLREGs.

Gotta have it on to have it work 🤷🏻‍♂️
Fun fact that a lot of people don’t think about: if your boat is equipped with radar, and you’re involved in a collision while the radar was not on and being used, your liability for the collision increases since you were not using “all available means” to assess/avoid collision as per the COLREGs.
I was just interjecting a light hearted jab. Interesting point regarding liability.

Back