OPTION for 21' models w/ cut-out transoms

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
See: http://m.basspro.com/CMC-Manual-Transom ... duct/1148/

For only $300 you can add a 5-1/2" setback bracket good for motors to 300hp, plus you can fine tune the engine height without unbolting it.

Now one can get rid of the splashwell inside the boat that robs space and make any custom feature, even a live well or cooler in front of the motor ... Just as long as she still has room to trim up and out of the water.

As an added bonus, you should get some increased performance by running the prop in cleaner water and a tad higher. Sounds like a no-brainer to me!

... posted during lunch, but no capability to add the picture ... someone please add it from that link???

I have a 2001 model 2110 WA that I almost did this to over the winter. Seemed like the best compromise to gain space without the potential ride distorting effects of adding a full bracket to a shorter hull. Had one of the best fiberglass guys in Morehead City, NC agree that this was far safer than going the bracket route even though it meant less work for him (and he used to work at the Parker plant).

I ended up going up to a 2310 only because my 5 & 7 year olds keep growing and we simply wanted more space than the jackplate option could offer.

The 2110 is now on the market if anyone is interested ($18,000 @ Starling Marine).

Doug

db":3l0fg3f4 said:
I have a 2001 model 2110 WA that I almost did this to over the winter. Seemed like the best compromise to gain space without the potential ride distorting effects of adding a full bracket to a shorter hull. Had one of the best fiberglass guys in Morehead City, NC agree that this was far safer than going the bracket route even though it meant less work for him (and he used to work at the Parker plant).

I ended up going up to a 2310 only because my 5 & 7 year olds keep growing and we simply wanted more space than the jackplate option could offer.

The 2110 is now on the market if anyone is interested ($18,000 @ Starling Marine).

Doug

I must be a little dense here ,how does this give more room?

Pushes the motor back. They come in various set backs. I was considering an 8 inch set back to clear both the motor and cables and having a flip down seat built to span the battery boxes. Would also work with a cooler between the battery boxes. It frees up the engine well space (every little bit helps!).

db":7k4txvkr said:
Pushes the motor back. They come in various set backs. I was considering an 8 inch set back to clear both the motor and cables and having a flip down seat built to span the battery boxes. Would also work with a cooler between the battery boxes. It frees up the engine well space (every little bit helps!).

I have a 120 quart yeti I'd like to fill that space with.

I wanted to add a jack plate some time ago on my 21se and called Parker to get some input, they recommended not to do it because the transom was not designed for the 5-8" of set back.

Back