Ordering a 2120 next week

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 2006 F225 on mine and would put the newer 4.2L 300 if I could afford to do it. It’s a heavy ass boat for 21 and a deep V. DO NOT ORDER THAT BOAT WITH THE 150! It’s not about speed but about control and safety. Its not a Prius. Nobody ever says, I wish I had a smaller engine on my boat. Resale will get at least half of it back if that is a concern. And get the Windless if you can swing it. Engine first, windless second if you have to choose. JMO, LOL. Good luck with the purchase.

Last edited:
I have a 2004 2120 and it has the f200 on the back. I know the new f200s are lighter but my boat is pretty slow even with 200 on it. I get about 25mph at 4600rpm which is what I usually cruise at. The charter guys with downeasters cruise almost the same speed and the boats are solid as a rock through chop. With a budget of 70k I’d personally be looking at something with a keel and diesel power, but that’s just my personal preference.

Also make sure you seatrial a 2120 if you haven’t already, it’s a really great all around boat for 21’ but the ride is pretty bad and fishing it solo is rough compared to a CC. If you plan to fish the boat I would definitely look at adding the second station on the bulkhead.

I have 2120 with 150 Yamaha. Just like with cars your optimal gear ratio is a key, proper prop is a ticket. It depends on how much extra weight there is in your boat. Think of your boat as a car with one gear manual transmission. It took me 3 props to find my optimal prop.

I have 2120 with 150 Yamaha. Just like with cars your optimal gear ratio is a key, proper prop is a ticket. It depends on how much extra weight there is in your boat. Think of your boat as a car with one gear manual transmission. It took me 3 props to find my optimal prop.
Interesting - thanks for the suggestions - I will take all of them I can get

Fishaddict,
Might I ask, what is “ your optimal prop “ ?

Best rpm at WOT with overall good boat control. My current prop got rid of boat purposing, improved top speed and fuel consumption. Best 500 bucks I spent on the boat.

Best rpm at WOT with overall good boat control. My current prop got rid of boat purposing, improved top speed and fuel consumption. Best 500 bucks I spent on the boat.
Gotcha,
Could we get the prop specifics? I’m running the Yamaha Reliance 14.5” X 15p - looking for more bottom end with heavy loads.
Plan to test a 4 blade 15.25“ X 13p

I purchased a 2120 SC in 2013. The boat has a Yamaha 150 on it and after 7 years and 1100 hours I am completely satisfied with the boats performance. At the time I purchased it I reviewed the Parker performance data sheet, see attached, and I am happy to report the boat performs exactly as advertised.

Also when left sitting in the water at the dock with the engine tilted up, the skeg is completely out of the water. I have seen other 2120’s with the heavier 200 and when the boats are docked the engines raised the skeg’s do not clear the water

Attachments

• AE019D4C-911A-42F0-B8A4-D28BC267D02F.jpeg
    AE019D4C-911A-42F0-B8A4-D28BC267D02F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
I should be able to look up my current prop next weekend. It is in storage now and I will be selling it next weekend:( . I am downsizing.

Back