Ordering a new Parker from factory?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swatski

Reaction score
Has anyone pre-ordered a new Parker from factory? What was the experience?
We bought new boats before but never pre-ordered; considering it given current Parker inventories (slim picking). We are looking at 2320 SC (DV). We are in NE (northern NJ).

Last edited:
I have not seen any indication things have changed much on the production side following the last April acquisition by Correct Craft. Hopefully this will continue, Parker now in the company of Bryants, Nautiques, and Centurions should have even more appeal.
After recently moving (back) to the NE we were pretty much set on getting a Steiger; which, ironically, brought us to Parker.
WHile I like how Steigers seem to be more easily custom ordered from factory, we stopped looking at them after crawling around a few Parkers at boat shows. Steiger no wood construction has a lot of appeal to me (I've rebuilt one wooden transoms in the past and vowed to never ever do it again, lol) but there is more than enough we like about Parker to make us look that way.
Now... finding one in stock configured exactly how we like it is a whole other thing, lol.

I didn't think you can. It would still be through a dealer, just wondering if it is a popular choice with Parkers to built-to-order, what are their lead times etc.

I didn't think you can. It would still be through a dealer, just wondering if it is a popular choice with Parkers to built-to-order, what are their lead times etc.
I just placed an order for a Parker via my local dealer with an estimated wait time of 5 months. Looked at Steigers as well and the wait time was similar. Steigers will do a lot more custom work where as Parker limits builds to a published option list. I trailer 100% so the Steigers run about a 1,000 lbs heavier (hull to hull only no power) than Parker....the main reason for me choosing Parker. Regardless of MFG published weights are not very accurate. For instance Steigers weights include recommended power....Parker does not include power.

Wonder if you could order one WITHOUT carpet
Given Parker's hull w/thin outer skin, I think it could make it loud/noisy at speed.
The Parker cabin, being open and carpeted, is one of the key differentiators from competitors in our view; most notably Steiger which has a very thick hull but small enclosed cabin that feels confined, w/no carpeting - it's like a fish tank, lol.

--

I ordered by boat from West Coast here in SoCal with some custom features, no pulpit for example. In 2017, I ordered March 8th, delivery to my June 13th. The boat was at the dealer with bait tank, rocket launches, etc for a bit before it was delivered. Overall it was a wonderful experience, Robin at Parker would send me periodic (weekly) pictures of my boat being built, it was like watching it grow. I'm very happy with the overall process and dealing with both West Coast and Parker. A couple of minor build items that were quickly resolved by WC, door lock was junky, window frame screws were a little sloppy. I've got about 670 hours on it since delivery and would have more if it was not for grad school stealing my hours. You might be able to get one without carpet, but why?

* I got the boat with no pulpit so it could fit in a shorter slip here in So Cal, saves me about $70 a month. so to date about $2730, plus the 900 for the pulpit. Kevin at west coast arrange to have custom rails up front, which are great for my fat ass.

Attachments

• 2020-10-16_063522.png
    2020-10-16_063522.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 66
  • 2020-10-16_063616.png
    2020-10-16_063616.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
  • 2020-10-16_063708.png
    2020-10-16_063708.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 68
I ordered mine Just before Thanksgiving 2017, and got it early August 2018. Had a few "estimated delivery dates" that kept slipping back. Overall, it was a very good experience. Would do it again.

Attachments

• Boat 1.jpg
    Boat 1.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 49
  • Boat 2.jpg
    Boat 2.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Boat 5.jpg
    Boat 5.jpg
    651.3 KB · Views: 48
  • New boat 1.jpg
    New boat 1.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 50
Has anyone pre-ordered a new Parker from factory? What was the experience?
We bought new boats before but never pre-ordered; considering it given current Parker inventories (slim picking). We are looking at 2320 SC (DV). We are in NE (northern NJ).
I ordered an 18 CC in September, expecting delivery around end of January. Went to the plant couple weeks ago. They are working at full capacity. Fiberglass just requires a certain amount of time to set up/cure.

We put a deposit on our 2320 today!
2021 2320 SL SC
Now the wait begins... it will be a few months.
What's the SOP for the factory visits? I'm surprised (and excited) they still have those, my wife really wants to go.

EDIT: when did these boats start fetching that far north of 100k...? lol
--

Last edited:
We think we have a pretty good idea of most everything except one item: a (winter) cover.
I have not been able to find anything on it, it seems like it's shrink wrap or... nothing.
Would anyone know of a good source of premade /custom covers? All the canvas guys in NJ are slammed through Spring at least, we may or may need it sooner but I would like to have one anyway when storing in the driveway between the trips.
One other thing I was wondering - we ordered the bottom paint. Is this customary among Parker fans?

--

Don't bottom paint unless you have to, I kept mine in a slip with cleaning twice a month, then I finally gave in and got it painted. Lost a little top-end speed and now it needs to be repeated every few years.

Don't bottom paint unless you have to, I kept mine in a slip with cleaning twice a month, then I finally gave in and got it painted. Lost a little top-end speed and now it needs to be repeated every few years.
Yep. It's not ideal, but may be cheap insurance not to risk gel coat blisters.
We are leaning towards doing it, just to be safe, even though she will spent most of the time on a trailer...

Parker brochure lists canvas/sunshade with SS frame as an option - does anyone have a picture of it?
Seems were elusive, even my salesman was not sure where to look, I'll post if we hear back from them.

--

We think we have a pretty good idea of most everything except one item: a (winter) cover.
I have not been able to find anything on it, it seems like it's shrink wrap or... nothing.
Would anyone know of a good source of premade /custom covers? All the canvas guys in NJ are slammed through Spring at least, we may or may need it sooner but I would like to have one anyway when storing in the driveway between the trips.
One other thing I was wondering - we ordered the bottom paint. Is this customary among Parker fans?

--
Just one more opinion on bottom painting. If your boat is kept out of the water (dry-stack, boat-lift, trailer, etc. ) and would never be docked and/or anchored in salt or brackish water for a 8+ days (arbitrary number; depends on the location) then there is no need to bottom paint. Our present Parker 2520 XLD is kept on a lift 365/yr, but was docked in the water for three months waiting for the lift to be built. Those three months in the water would have damaged the boat with barnacle growth. For the past 41 years, all of our 'major/primary' boats have been barrier coated and bottom-painted. This includes 35'/41' trawler, 27' cruiser. 22 Cuddy/Fish. All of these were docked in brackish water, and cruised in salt-water. Bottom painting was a necessity.... An observation about the bottom-paint on our 2520 XLD Parker; we've have to put it on the trailer once or twice each year when hurricanes come our way. It is a 'bunk' style trailer, not rollers. Loading the boat on-and-off the trailer has abraded/scraped away a lot of the bottom paint. (Ablative paint). The boat was barrier coated and painted at Cockrell Marine Railway in Northern Neck Virginia where we bough the boat from a private owner. I would have gone with a hard paint if I had thought ahead enough to know I'd eventually have to put the boat on a trailer occasionally..... Presently our boat can be in the water for many days at a time; trips to the Outer Banks, Ocracoke, or even at our dock for days, when we'll be taking the boat out consecutive days in a row. Bottom paint in necessary in these conditions to protect the hull from barnacle growth.

Back