Ordering a new Parker from factory?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have gone with a hard paint if I had thought ahead enough to know I'd eventually have to put the boat on a trailer occasionally.....
Very helpful post, thank you.
I share the same sentiment on bottom paining; basically, a necessary evil in our situation.
Our dealer (in NJ) uses a primer and hard (epoxy?) paint as a base/first layers, thereafter ablatives as necessary down the road.
I have a strong preference for bunk trailers as we often trailer pretty far. Hoping the good maintenance of bunk cover and the initial hard paint would work okay.

--

Last edited:
I got my 2020 (ordered from the factory last summer) with the Parker sunshade. It's fine and I'd probably do it again. The straps in the back do get loose from time to time. Might replace those with some SS poles but probably not. It does what it needs to do. I leave it up all the time and it's fine at top speed ~50mph though I rarely run that fast!

1603135932229.jpeg

Bottom paint for our 1801 in NC. It will be in the water from April through December then on the trailer for the winter. R

Our salesman said no problem, we can get the factory sunshade/bimini - like the one in @jkent's Parker. Sweet!

Still debating the electronics, they offer garmin 942xs as a package, the 8610xsv is (super)premium. over 2k difference - I'm not sure how I feel about that except the 942 is going to be a legacy item in a year or two...

--

Just be sure the package includes the CHIRP transducer...the package they offer with the 2100 Dv does not. Rather than order through Parker I ordered via dealership to ensure the proper transducer. The TH B60 transducer offered by Parker is not CHIRP compatible....crazy.

Our salesman said no problem, we can get the factory sunshade/bimini - like the one in @jkent's Parker. Sweet!

Still debating the electronics, they offer garmin 942xs as a package, the 8610xsv is (super)premium. over 2k difference - I'm not sure how I feel about that except the 942 is going to be a legacy item in a year or two...

--
I got the 8610xsv and couldn't be happier. I'm looking into adding a networked camera so I can have one quadrant of the screen dedicated to rear view. The only thing I was disappointed by was that they didn't wire the fusion radio through the NMEA network. With that, I think I could also control the tunes through the 8610. I think it's a DYI thing though.

I got the boat with no pulpit so it could fit in a shorter slip here in So Cal, saves me about $70 a month. so to date about $2730, plus the 900 for the pulpit.

Congrats on the new boat.

Prior to my 2801 (no pulpit) I had a 2320 (pulpit) and a 2301 (DVCC no pulpit)). I always thought the factory pulpits looked a bit large hanging off bow of the 23 and the 21. What is nice if ordering is to have the standard bow rail (no pulpit) then add a shorter more to scale custom pulpit. CP member Goodchance made a nice pulpit for his 23. You can find it if you search.

Congrats on the new boat.

Prior to my 2801 (no pulpit) I had a 2320 (pulpit) and a 2301 (DVCC no pulpit)). I always thought the factory pulpits looked a bit large hanging off bow of the 23 and the 21. What is nice if ordering is to have the standard bow rail (no pulpit) then add a shorter more to scale custom pulpit. CP member Goodchance made a nice pulpit for his 23. You can find it if you search.
Good point, shorter pulpit.
But... I couldn't brag about 31' LOA... right? lol

I think we will go with the factory mounted windlass though. 31' LOA is crazy for something I want to trailer all the time...

--

Congrats on the new boat.. I was equally disappointed about Parker not wiring (1) NMEA wire when being built. Kinda ridiculous as the radio and Garmin 8600 are both upgrades.. Don't get me wrong the boat (254dc) is really well done and I am very happy with her. I was going to connect on my own but decided to go with this $50.00 wireless remote (Amazon)
Fusion MS-ARX70B Wireless Stereo Remote - Black

Might be a good way to go . I placed in on my console

Good Luck

Congrats on the new boat.. I was equally disappointed about Parker not wiring (1) NMEA wire when being built. Kinda ridiculous as the radio and Garmin 8600 are both upgrades.. Don't get me wrong the boat (254dc) is really well done and I am very happy with her. I was going to connect on my own but decided to go with this $50.00 wireless remote (Amazon)
Fusion MS-ARX70B Wireless Stereo Remote - Black

Might be a good way to go . I placed in on my console

Good Luck
Thx. I will check it out !!

I didn't think you can. It would still be through a dealer, just wondering if it is a popular choice with Parkers to built-to-order, what are their lead times etc.
You can't order directly from Parker, but rather thru a local dealer. Orders are out ~ 6mos. so asap. You can however visit the factory in NC for a tour and that will make you a believer in their quality.

You can't order directly from Parker, but rather thru a local dealer. Orders are out ~ 6mos. so asap. You can however visit the factory in NC for a tour and that will make you a believer in their quality.
Actually we were just told they are all out of build slots for all 2020/2021 2320s, the next available orders will be for 2022; apparently we were very lucky to grab one of the last one 2021 2320s to be built...

--

I took a tour. Was great. Ordered my 18 Parker first of September. They say ready end of January

September was a good time to order as Parker and the dealers give discounts to keep the crews busy in winter. I ordered my boat (2015) in Sept 14. The new sticker price come Jan of 15 was supposed to be 117 for a 2520 XLD. With Parker and dealer discounts I got it for 90k. Boat was delivered in Mid Feb

New to forum and Parker... I ordered my 2100 SE on 8/3/20 from Boats Inc. Niantic, CT and it arrived 10/19/20

Unfortunately, the Covid BS , has the Parker plant backed up. Ordered my 2021 1801 first of September, and won’t be ready until end of January.
I also heard they are not taking anymore orders for 2021 models , due to limits of plant Output !!

Last edited:
Back