Outboard setup - 2021 twin 200's

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff208

Reaction score
Does Parker typically use twins with both having standard rotation or is the one counter rotating ?
Asking as to replacing the zincs which are available both ways .

Thanks

Appreciated... I have also read that the port side is the counter rotating LH side ?

All twin engine setups from a manufacturer will have one counter rotating engine. It's almost always the port engine.

From what I understand, the trim tabs on the anodes of counter rotating motors are mostly inconsequential. Their purpose on a single engine installation is to counter the effect of the prop walk, which will tend to cause your stern to "walk" to starboard with the forward rotation of the propeller, conversely causing your bow to want to turn to port. With a twin engine, counter rotating installation, the opposite rotation of the propellers will cause the prop walk to essentially cancel out, and the boat should track straight regardless of the trim tabs on each engine. I've even seen where they're eliminated entirely.

Back