OUTRIGGER PICTURES ON A PARKER

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHASINGTUNA25

Reaction score
I WOULD LIKEANYONE WITH OUTRIGGERS ON YOUR PARKER TO POST A PICTURE. I NEED SOME IDEAS FOR NEW POLES. I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD GO WITH XTRA HEAVY BARE POLES OR SPREADER POLES. ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Attachments

• parker1.JPG
    parker1.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,112
I can tell you that my riggah mounts are SUPER secure, 1/4" 316L electropolished stainless steel backing plates ;) , but the 1-1/8" poles are somewhat too flimsy when towing 15" squid bars :shock: ! Luckily I had to use reducers to use these poles so I can upgrade them to 15' 1.5" diameter poles ... some year ;) .

Unfortunately, I've no experience with poles using spreaders, but my thought would that "if" stiff enough (no pun intended) ... less is more or simpler is better.

Here's why I like my riggahs mounted on the cabin top ... plenty of room to get around them FAST and get up to the bow ... if when on tuna and the Captain (that would be me ... unless I'm on the fish ;) ) can't turn the boat fast enough.

riggah_deployed_120.jpg

FYI - this rigging connection using a fast-to-adjust barrel swivel to adjust the halyard length, ala Geo Poveromo, works fast and easy! I just use a wooden clothesline clip to fasten the up/down lines to each other so they don't slip. The release would go between the 2 snaps.

riggah_connection_512.jpg

I LOVE THAT STEERING STATION YOU PUT IN. I WISH I WAS MECHANICALLY INCLINED. HOW MUCH WOULD YOU CHARGE ME TO PUT ONE IN MY BOAT. CAAAAAAAASH TALKS, AND I'M LOCAL TOO.
THANKS, SCOTT

Parts almost a $1000, if you rigged a throttle box like I made or bought a bulkhead mount like Ranget Tim, it really wouldn't be much work. Shop around on eBay for used Morse Twin-S controls, otherwise I saw a set at a marine consignment shop in Damariscotta, Maine for $80 each. Another Seastar 1.7 cubic-inch helm will be ~$200-$300.

I could definitely help you ... specially for another tuna chaser ;) !

CHASINGTUNA25... those 2" Lee Wishbone riggers are exactly what I want for my boat (someday)!

I plan to use a set of 19' polished (double-rigged) HD poles chasing rockfish.
No toonas here in the Chessie. :)

Pompanette 12' fiberglass. Mounted thru top w/alum backing plate.

Attachments

• Parker cat harbor 2 (Small).jpg
    Parker cat harbor 2 (Small).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,571
i dont have any pictures of mine, but i installed lee's tackel gunnel mount riggers. I got the heavy duty 1 1/2 inch set, and am sporting 18 foot poles. They work well, take down easy, and are plenty sturdy. I pull 2 pins per rigger, and have been known to drag a teaser off of them as well. no problems with heavy baits.

when i installed mine i was going to put those lee juniors (the fish bone mount) mounted to the pilot house. But what i saw was that when they are extended, it would really got in the way of moving up to the bow from the cockpit. offshore we bop on top of the pilot house all the time for visibility, and i have had a few blue marlin runs around the front of the boat. open access around the boat is a priority.

my 2 cents ... bo

I went with the Lee T-Top mount Riggers with the extra strength 16 foot poles. As you can see from the picture I also have a center rigger. I really like having the riggers on the roof as they are out of the way and still easy to deploy.

Attachments

• Spring 2006 Boat 035 (Small).jpg
    Spring 2006 Boat 035 (Small).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,543
Back