Parker 1801 passenger capacity (and other questions)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlin2375

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to posting but have been lurking for a while. Really nice to see a lot of great threads and knowledgeable people helping newbie's like myself.

I have been looking at boats for a while and am closing in on a Whaler Montauk 190 or Parker 1801. Right now, my heart is with the Parker. I just have a few questions:

1) Why is the Parker 1801 spec'd at 6 passengers max? I have a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 young kids under 6) and want to go out the 5 of us plus maybe 1-2 guests (e.g. grandparents). Do guys think this is doable?

2) Can I store a cooler under the standard console seat? Does anyone know he dimension between the rails there?

3) Any suggestions on a good fit porta potty and where to put it on the deck? Thetford 365?

I am grateful for any thoughts and guidance. Thank you in advance.

I have a 2015 1801. I can't imagine putting 6 people on a boat that size. I mostly fish by myself and occasionally with someone else. In the summer I pull two grandkids on a tube, plus carry a spotter. With just those 4 we have to think about who sits where. 4 adult and 3 kids? I don't think so. But go see one, sit at the helm, and imagine where each person would sit. In theory you could put two at the helm, two in the aft corner seats, and two on the seat at the front of the console. But that sure doesn't leave you much moving around room.

Don't know about the cooler question. I don't have the standard seat.

As far as a porta potty, it's going to be out in the wide open. Is everyone ok with that? There is no good place to put it that it won't be in the way. Wherever you put it will take up deck space.

And OBTW I love my 1801.

Thank you for sharing your experience. The capacity and size of the boat is probably my number one concern. As a first boat, it's hard to know how much continued interest I'll have from other members of the family and so the 1801 may or may not be enough. Tough choices.

Hearing your comments and going to look at the boat again today, maybe it would be wiser to go up to the 21 SE. Of course, there are not many of those around to find but I'll have to keep searching.

Thanks again. Any other perspectives welcome and appreciated.

I also had an 1801 for 13 years...a GREAT boat, but I mainly fished solo. My opinion would be to move up in size; the 18 would be too small to comfortably fit all those people, and would probably be underpowered with that weight. The 21 or 23 would be a much wiser choice, but still could be handled 'solo', if desired. It would also allow you to have a 'porti-potti' in the console.

Sorry....Your buying the wrong boats. For that many people you need a bigger boat.

But here is another thing if you decide to go thru with it.....You better have MAX power on that boat....
No just get buy with what the dealer slaps on it. One day your gonna fill the tank full. Then put all those people on the boat and wonder why it will NOT get on plane or just be a Pig for performance.

Porta Potty on a 18ftr? LOL........NO! #1 Porta Potty's are a PITA to clean.

Get a 5gal bucket and a toilet lid that fits it. Works great for my 6 Granddaughters.

A 18 or 19ft boat with 4 people on it is LOADED!

Oh.....and then all the crap the family wants to bring. :roll:

Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate all the input. It seems pretty unanimous that the 18 is just too small. I will continue my research.

Hi everyone,

I am new to posting but have been lurking for a while. Really nice to see a lot of great threads and knowledgeable people helping newbie's like myself.

I have been looking at boats for a while and am closing in on a Whaler Montauk 190 or Parker 1801. Right now, my heart is with the Parker. I just have a few questions:

1) Why is the Parker 1801 spec'd at 6 passengers max? I have a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 young kids under 6) and want to go out the 5 of us plus maybe 1-2 guests (e.g. grandparents). Do guys think this is doable?

2) Can I store a cooler under the standard console seat? Does anyone know he dimension between the rails there?

3) Any suggestions on a good fit porta potty and where to put it on the deck? Thetford 365?

I am grateful for any thoughts and guidance. Thank you in advance.
On the 2021 model I know it’s 26” wide inside the leaning post frame and 16” deep

There are some stowable products on Cabelas, Amazon, etc. that are even simpler than the Thetford 365. I've been thinking about getting one for a while but we haven't had too much of a problem with people using nature's toilet while on the boat. With a bigger boat (maybe even a 21se), Parker's high gunnels would make it so at least no one can see what's happening when using one of those smaller porta pottis, just that someone's sitting down...

If you upgrade your search to a 23 and are in the Boston area, I have a 2300 DV CC that you could see. 7 people fit very comfortably. There's also a 21se on my dock that I could see fitting 7 people, but there wouldn't be much room for other things.

Porta potty = 5 gallon bucket with seat/lid , works and low maintenance

^^^ add kitty litter to the bucket with a plastic bag as a liner and you have a real winner.

i fish me, my wife, 3 year old, 4 year old, and the dumb dog. it get tight especially with the bimini top up. id say its doable for just your family but no extras. i dont have a problem with power until i have a full tank my self and 3 other dudes fishing. 4 guys is absolute max for me without the bimini top but 3 guys is much more comfortable. our porta poty is guys hang it over the rail girls piss in a 5 gallon pail.

It is 1 and 1/2 persons :) boat with low gunnels for kids to be around. It is fantastic FISHING boat.

I’ve enjoyed a 21SE for years with as a family of 4 and being able to bring 2 - occasionally 4 depending on activity. As kids get older - they’ll want to bring friends. Easy to handle boat that I can do solo. I’d be patient and find the one to fits the mission.
Best Wishes

Back