Parker 1801 question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG JOHN

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2007 1801 with a 2011 150 Honda 4 stroke motor. My question is I want to put a kicker motor on because I do a lot of trolling. I have a Yamaha 2011 9.9 high thrust extra long shaft eletric start power tilt. Would this motor be too much weight on the back of the boat with the 2 batteries? I have Tryed to search the web looking for kicker motors on a 1801 and haven't found anything? Any of your input would be very helpful. Thanks for reading.

I don't know for sure, but I expect that moving the batteries from the transom box to the console would make mounting a small OB engine quite feasible. Might even work without moving the batts.

A kicker on a bracket is very appealing. My Yamaha 115 equipped 1801 won't troll below 4 MPH, and there are many times when I'd like to go slower.

Thanks for the input yeah most my fishing I troll slow from .5 to 2 mph.i was thinking the same thing with the 150 I would go way to fast. I also didn't want to put a bunch of hours on the main motor. Moving the batteries is a good idea thanks for that.

With a 150 and kicker will be very heavy and the stern will drop down quite a bit. It will work but looks off balance.

I just got the boat haven't had it out yet as soon as I do I'll let you know. On the test ride we hit 40mph with a stock prop. Just picked it up from the shop getting the kicker bracket on and a full service on the motor. Hope to get it out soon let u know.

John

Please post photos and let us know haw slowly the kicker can troll. I am contemplating a similar arrangement.

Can't figure out how to Post a picture it says file too big?

I slow troll in the fall for speckled trout near the world-famous Hot Ditch :lol: . My 1801 has a Yamaha 115 and will slow down to 3 mph. To get it a little slower, I tie off two 2-1/2 gallon buckets to the AFT cleats and drop 'em back enough to where they are grabbing the water but not getting wrapped up in the wheel. This technique works really well for my set boat. I have noticed other folks using the same set up. Give it a shot and see if it works for you, good luck!

When I want to troll slower in my 2520 than the 225 OX66 will allow, I drop the tabs all the way down and trim the motor up.
I know of one member here with a 2510 who uses a sea anchor.

I troll for halibut In San Francisco Bay most the time we go 1mhp. We are ready running 6 rods and with 2 buckets in the water would be too much. But that is a good idea I've done that on my Aluminum boat before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 305
I know I am trying resurrect an old thread but I am looking to get info on people experience with 1801 kicker. what is optimal shaft length? I am planning to go with 20 in 6hp Tohatsu pro sail. Any real world experience would be invaluable to me. It is most likely question to West coast fishermen.

I know I am trying resurrect an old thread but I am looking to get info on people experience with 1801 kicker. what is optimal shaft length? I am planning to go with 20 in 6hp Tohatsu pro sail. Any real world experience would be invaluable to me. It is most likely question to West coast fishermen.
Not entirely relevant but when I lived in Hawaii I had an 18 Outrage that I had a 6hp yamaha on. Honestly I think you'll want a 9.9 if getting home after an engine failure is what you're looking for. The 6hp did not push my outrage very well.

Outrage 18 is deeper boat. Pro Sail comes with elephant ears prop designed for torque. My main objective is trolling at 1.5=2.5 mph range and 6hp is enough to do it without putting transom too low.

Back