Parker 1801 trolling motor location

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bst24351

Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve searched up a few threads about this and it seems like the bow always has two cleats on either side. Mine has a center drop down cleat and I don’t want to change anything. As you can see the trolling motor is used (hard and put away wet) but I’m just trying to get my feet wet. If it works for a season or two I’ll be happy with it and swap it out.

Any pictures on how you mounted it or ideas I would appreciate it. Also a couple other questions I have if you might know is what gauge wire should I used to get batteries from the console to the bow and do you know what puck and locking mechanism I need to work with the half of the mount I have or would a different mount work better thanks

Attachments

• B8D64E1C-C009-49EE-8117-B41B12E2B0E6.jpeg
    B8D64E1C-C009-49EE-8117-B41B12E2B0E6.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
  • 306F831A-8C26-44F0-918D-1BCE3F4A9736.jpeg
    306F831A-8C26-44F0-918D-1BCE3F4A9736.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 97A48E66-EC48-470D-8038-50E96B97DE14.jpeg
    97A48E66-EC48-470D-8038-50E96B97DE14.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
Damn look at that thing rusting! :(

You will need to build a custom alum plate to mount it on....I use 3/8in 60501-T6 plate. It will stick out past the bump rail. I'm doing one now on a 2020 Sea Hunt 211.

Have you ditermined the route that the cabling will run yet? That the first thing.

IMG_4643.JPG
This isn't a great photo but it's all I have at the moment. Mine is on the port side, parallel to centerline. I had to eliminate one of the cleats. If I were doing it again I would put it on the starboard side, since my weight is on the port side. Would also put batteries on the starboard side too, same reason.

Damn look at that thing rusting! :(

You will need to build a custom alum plate to mount it on....I use 3/8in 60501-T6 plate. It will stick out past the bump rail. I'm doing one now on a 2020 Sea Hunt 211.

Have you ditermined the route that the cabling will run yet? That the first thing.

I was also thinking about using a plate with a starboard spacer. I’m not to concerned about running the cabling yet it looks like it will be pretty easy but for now I think I’m going to use a cooler to try it out. Once I decide it’s permanent I’ll run cable under the gunnel to the fuel tank fill and across to the console. I hope it’s as easy as it seems but I know it never is

This was the angle I had my trolling motor mounted on 2018 1801. Anchor locker was operable when TM was stowed or deployed. When stowed the TM did not infringe on the cockpit at all. In order to accomplish this the bow light was removed and Taco side lights were installed. Placed batteries, TM breaker and charger in console. Routed the wire from the console up to the fuel tank inspection plate and then up the fuel fill race, then under the washboard to the bow. Took about 6 hours from start to finish. Be sure to use at least 6 gauge marine wire (tinned). Just sold the 1801...2100 dv cc is currently in production....can't wait for spring! Going to try the Shuttle Slide TM mount on the 2100 in order to bring the motor head inside of the rub rail

Attachments

• 20190507_093735.jpg
    20190507_093735.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
Sorry- just saw this- I have an 2006 1801 and installed a Rhodan 80lb thrust/ 60 inch with remote fob- to the port bow this past spring as my “pandemic project”. It was a game changer for us this year and improved fishing big time- holding off docks/rocks quietly, fish hanging around longer etc. Well worth it.

Two deep cycle batteries split in console with onboard charger and plug to side of console.
I built up bow area with1/2” starboard with a slight overhang to avoid anchor locker/pop up cleat. Did have to add new running lights as the motor blocked visualization of the original combo bow light.

I wrapped up the boat for winter- and its out back under the snow. I am in a sling from recent new shoulder. I will post better pictures in a few months when able.

In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to me for installation details or other questions.

Again- game changer- can’t be without it now!!

96B21DFE-5949-4DDC-B3FF-47E94DCE444A.jpeg0D5616E0-1B4D-4831-9A37-67B185443DBC.jpegE5B62C44-F93C-4E1D-8A92-A45840A3049E.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry- just saw this- I have an 2006 1801 and installed a Rhodan 80lb thrust/ 60 inch with remote fob- to the port bow this past spring as my “pandemic project”. It was a game changer for us this year and improved fishing big time- holding off docks/rocks quietly, fish hanging around longer etc. Well worth it.

Two deep cycle batteries split in console with onboard charger and plug to side of console.
I built up bow area with1/2” starboard with a slight overhang to avoid anchor locket/ cleat. Did have to add new running lights as the motor blocked visualization of the original combo bow light.

I wrapped up the boat for winter- and its out back under the snow. I am in a sling from recent new shoulder. I will post better pictures in a few months when able.

In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to me for installation details or other questions.

Again- game changer- can’t be without it now!!

Feel for you on the shoulder surgery, had mine done June 2019. It was orthopedic surgery number 22 (car wreck when I was 20 months old destroyed left leg) and the roughest by far. Wishes to you for a speedy recovery!

Feel for you on the shoulder surgery, had mine done June 2019. It was orthopedic surgery number 22 (car wreck when I was 20 months old destroyed left leg) and the roughest by far. Wishes to you for a speedy recovery!
Thank you- yep- lucky #13 for me- know the drill- but coming along fine. Thanks!

Looking into putting a trolling motor (Terrova) on my 1801. Planning to put 2-3 batteries in casting platform compartment. What length and power should I look for?

With 60'' I am worried about in 1-2' waves prop would come out from water. Any 18' owners experience out there?

I have a Minn-Kota on order...I went with the 60" shaft for my 1800. I don't believe I've seen anyone needing the longer shaft for the 1800/1801.

<With 60'' I am worried about in 1-2' waves prop would come out from water. Any 18' owners experience out there?>

FWIW I have a 2015 with a 60" MinnKota U Terra. Fish in fresh water, occasional waves 1-2', never any problem. I can trim this unit up and down.

And yes-it will pop out on occasion with bigger waves like a passing large boat wake. Thereafter, it wouldn’t be deployed on “big wave” days or areas- as it would be too windy or rough anyway.

Back