Parker 1801cc Trolling Motor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMJ619

Reaction score
I asked this same question in another thread. And, I got some great information.
I have a 2021 1801cc on its way. And, we do a lot of bay fishing in San Diego, so like my last boat I want to install a trolling motor.
Here is what I have ordered, so far.
Minn Kota Riptide Terrova 60” shaft/ 24v (80lbs)
Precision 3 bank Charger
Minn Kota Circuit Breaker
Quick Release Bracket

Now to the questions...
How did you install the trolling motor on the bow and not impede the anchor locker and the nav light?
Where did you install the batteries?
Pictures would be appreciated.

Also, curious about the Minn Kota alternator. Any one have one?

Thanks in advance.

TM has to go to one side of the bow or the other to clear the anchor locker lid. As I mentioned in the other thread, think about where your TM goes and where the batteries go. Don't put them on the same side.

Batteries are better off in the console than the aft seats (which is where mine are). I will eventually move mine.

I've attached before and after photos. Had to sacrifice the port side cleat. That wasn't a big deal for me because the boat lives on a trailer, not in a slip. Be sure you completely seal the inside of the cleat bolt holes so the water doesn't reach the plywood (assuming it's still plywood).

When you install the TM it will block the combo red/green light. I replaced mine with a light on a stem. I have to install it every time I need it, but again not a big deal for my usage. The alternative is to install separate red/green lights in the hull sides. Way harder to get the correct display angles.

Let me know if you have other questions.

IMG_2056.JPGIMG_4643.JPG

TM has to go to one side of the bow or the other to clear the anchor locker lid. As I mentioned in the other thread, think about where your TM goes and where the batteries go. Don't put them on the same side.

Batteries are better off in the console than the aft seats (which is where mine are). I will eventually move mine.

I've attached before and after photos. Had to sacrifice the port side cleat. That wasn't a big deal for me because the boat lives on a trailer, not in a slip. Be sure you completely seal the inside of the cleat bolt holes so the water doesn't reach the plywood (assuming it's still plywood).

When you install the TM it will block the combo red/green light. I replaced mine with a light on a stem. I have to install it every time I need it, but again not a big deal for my usage. The alternative is to install separate red/green lights in the hull sides. Way harder to get the correct display angles.

Let me know if you have other questions.

View attachment 26286View attachment 26287
Very helpful. Thanks Steve.

Hopefully the above photos help...1 showing taco mini sidelights, battery and charger setup in the CC, and angle of trolling motor to allow usage of anchor locker in stowed/deployed position. BTW casting leaning post /seat in bow comes in handy when controlling TM by foot control...great for fishing the sods.

Hopefully the above photos help...1 showing taco mini sidelights, battery and charger setup in the CC, and angle of trolling motor to allow usage of anchor locker in stowed/deployed position. BTW casting leaning post /seat in bow comes in handy when controlling TM by foot control...great for fishing the sods.
Very nice set up and nice install. This is great info. Thanks for sharing.

I just made an aluminum plate and mounted the TM to it. I ran 4 or 6 gauge wire down the starboard side to the box in the stern. From there I ran it up to the CC. I have 2 twelve volt DC batteries in there. I have 2 bank charger that charges the TM batteries when underway and a 3 bank charger that I can plug into when at home. But are also in the CC.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    964.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • PC140016.jpg
    PC140016.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 30
I just made an aluminum plate and mounted the TM to it. I ran 4 or 6 gauge wire down the starboard side to the box in the stern. From there I ran it up to the CC. I have 2 twelve volt DC batteries in there. I have 2 bank charger that charges the TM batteries when underway and a 3 bank charger that I can plug into when at home. But are also in the CC.

I am thinking to install one on my 180. Is there a reason you did not go with installing your battery in front compartment? It would help with bringing bow down.

I also will be installing a TM over the winter. I'm really digging all the info and great pictures! My 1800 does not have a bow hatch so that's one issue I won't have to deal with. I do have a bow railing that I want to keep and will need to modify though.

I am thinking to install one on my 180. Is there a reason you did not go with installing your battery in front compartment? It would help with bringing bow down.
Good question. I use the bow locker as a fish storage box. Putting the batteries in there would have been much easier and help with weight distribution. I am not sure how thick the fiberglass is in that compartment and two large batteries might be an issue if they are not secured well. The older 18' parkers have a bow compartment which looks like and anchor compartment. I'm guessing if they fit that would probably be easy and ideal. You would just have to find a way to run the charging wires.

This looks great. Thanks for the info. Very helpful!

Thanks for the pictures.

This looks great. Thanks for the info. Very helpful!
Sure just let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help. I really worked on getting it right and the trolling motor has worked better than expected in so many ways. I've had it mounted for 5 years now with no issues.

Back