Parker 21' 150 OX66 to 225 4 stroke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams

Reaction score
Has anyone on here repowered from a 150 OX66 to a 225 4 stroke on their 21SE or Sou'wester?

I am looking at making this swap on my 21 Sou'wester (basically and SE hull) and wondering what the pickup in mpg was for the same cruising speed. My boat only has a 50 gallon tank and I run pretty far on a regular basis.

I'd like to go a bit faster, but, I would really like to have a good idea of what I am likely to see for fuel economy at ~3,800rpm.

sam

I'm not sure, but, the engine I am looking at is an older version which many folks referred to as the 208hp.

sam

Sam, I know I'm a little late to the party, but I do know the 21 was rated for a 225, at least my 88 21' is. That being said, a 1988 225hp was a lot lighter than a newer 225 4 stroke. I thought I was short changing myself going with a 150, but I have it set up and propped pretty good(I think). I'm hitting 41mph, half tank, two guys, 3 group 31 batteries, trolling motor, tools to fix anything that brakes, and whatever other crap we got for the day. And gets killer milage. How fast you you wanna go in that old girl!

Has anyone on here repowered from a 150 OX66 to a 225 4 stroke on their 21SE or Sou'wester?

I am looking at making this swap on my 21 Sou'wester (basically and SE hull) and wondering what the pickup in mpg was for the same cruising speed. My boat only has a 50 gallon tank and I run pretty far on a regular basis.

I'd like to go a bit faster, but, I would really like to have a good idea of what I am likely to see for fuel economy at ~3,800rpm.

sam
Don't know if your looking new or used or how much $$ you want to spend or how fast you want to go. For Yamaha I think the F225 is the hole in the donut. If an F200 I4 is not enough for you I think you have to jump to the F250. Wiith that being said I would guess that the F150 would be a good match with reasonable HP and MPG. The Suzuki 175 maybe? I have a 23se with a F200. I thought I needed a F250 but the F200 has proved to be a very good match for me.

Back