Parker 21se or 2120 sport cabin?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flukenewsty

Reaction score
Hey Guys I've got boat question. We currently fish an 18cc in the back etc but are getting a little tired of being limited to back bay and inlet. I was in the market for a 21se cc but got soaked and froze my butt off on the 18 we fish. was thinking a bit, maybe we could keep the 18 to fish the bay and get a new 2120 sc. and stay warm and dry? does this boat have enough room to fish w/ 4 guys comfortable? I have a portable livewell that may fit perfect next to the cabin door. And a cooler on the other side doubled as seating. anyone fish these boats? looking to fish wrecks and chase the bass down the beach and anchor up on the BAR in LEI for bass. Any thoughts?? Thanks Jesse

Over the years, I have fished the coast as well as LEI many times. The 2120 is perfect for your needs.

Flukenewsty":vw05rlac said:
I was in the market for a 21se cc but got soaked and froze my butt off on the 18 we fish.

Welcome to ClassicParker Jesse!

Your profile doesn't list your location, but since you mentioned getting cold and wet, I'm guessing you are somewhere in the mid-Atlantic or the Northeast?

As someone who moved up from a CC to a sport cabin, I'm here to tell you that if you fish early or later in the season, you will be a whole lot more comfortable with the protection of the sport cabin.

I typically begin my season on the Chesapeake in mid-March and end it in mid-December, but I know other owners who fish their boats year round.

You could do the same in a CC, but I don't think you'd be as comfortable.

Even a sunny day in November can be brutal due to the wind chill.
In my sport cabin, wind is not a factor. :)

Check out the boats for sale in the "For Sale" area. You might just find something that catches your eye.
http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=14

Good luck!

I'm here to tell you, the 2120 is a wonderful small boat. It is the perfect trailerable all-season boat for my striper habit. The EEZ is three miles out and I feel comfortable in the 2120 to at least five or six, so it works beautifully. I fish three guys most of the time, but four will work if you're not giant size like me and my friends.

I moved to this boat from an eighteen foot CC with T-top. No contest, absolutely a step in the right direction. The thing most folks don't realize is the wonderful windbreak that the pilot house provides, especially when anchored. Another nice thing is the cabin is low profile enough not to become a sail when trying to dock. Some can't stand the step down and bang their heads constantly, however this is not a problem for me - even at 6'4" tall. I guess I have plenty of practice ducking and I learn quick.

I fish until the ramps freeze, and that only locks me out during deep winter (February). Here on the Chesapeake this style boat is a winner and the length is the perfect compromise between too small for comfort and too big to tow. Did I say that 0.6 gallons per hour trolling is a nice benefit? How about 5 or 6 gallons per hour cruise (with an F150)? Get the 200 hp if you are wooried about hole shot and all that other crap, but the F150 takes care of me with few regrets.

See my web page for more about this fabulous boat. You will either like it or hate it. Want a ride? Contact me for a ride on my next striper trip. I won't charge a dime, but if you're poor company I'll have no choice but to return you to the dock :wink:

Ranger Tim":20byggmb said:
Want a ride? Contact me for a ride on my next striper trip. I won't charge a dime, but if you're poor company I'll have no choice but to return you to the dock :wink:
LOL :shock: !

Thanks for the input guys, this site confirmed my decision to purchase the parker now i think I am set on the 2120. Thanks for all the feedback. Jesse

IMHO 4 guys is one to many for that boat. I own one myself and with 4 guys it's crowded. I love my paker and have has it offshore as for as 60 miles.

Back