Parker 2320 (225 vs 250 vs 300)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different boat, 2520XL with Suzuki DF300APXX up from Yamaha F225. I was underpowered in a lot of situations with the Yamaha F225, never with the Suzuki DF300APXX. Every performance aspect including MPG is noticeably superior with the new engine.

I bought my 2003 2520 SCMV with twin F115. It worked okay with the modified Vee but was underpowered. I repowered it in 2018 with twin F150 Yamahas. What a difference!!! It is like a new boat! Fuel economy improved a little where my trip average is 2.0 mpg up from 1.9. The performance is great! I now top out with three people on smooth water at about 45 mph. At 32 mph, my flow meters show 2.3 mpg.

I have a 300 2320, my buddy has the 250 (he got his boat the week before me). He says my boat is much easier to drive with and he wishes he got the 300. I put a permatrim on it and can plane in So Cal at 18-19mph, my top speed is in the mid 40s. We load 3-4 healthy sized guys, 180# of ice, 400# lbs of tuna, gear, fuel, bait, etc and it still takes some effort to get out of the hole, can't imagine what it is like to on a 225 or 250. I get better fuel economy than my buddy with the 250.

I want to repower my 2008 2510 with a 300hp; it now has a 250hp Yamaha. But the Armstrong bracket has "250hp max" stamped on it. Do you think it prohibits me from going up to a 300hp? Am wondering if you fellas faced this issue........thnx. Joe

I want to repower my 2008 2510 with a 300hp; it now has a 250hp Yamaha. But the Armstrong bracket has "250hp max" stamped on it. Do you think it prohibits me from going up to a 300hp? Am wondering if you fellas faced this issue........thnx. Joe
What I heard is if you exceed the rating your insurance company can deny a claim.

Fishmanjs - I have the same issue - 2004 2520 XL with 225 hp and I want to repower to 300 but my bracket has the same 250 hp limitation - called Armstrong and even though weight of the new 300 hp is the same as my 04 225, it is an issue of increased torque - still trying to decide if I should just repower to 250 or invest in the new bracket, or just let it be.

The repower was a bit over 23k for the white DF300. The black outboard was $350 cheaper. That price included the install and 1 set of controls. They also tested the boat on the river and made sure the prop i suggested worked. I also had the option to change out the prop. NMPG has increased from 1.6 to about 1.9 fully loaded with 3 guys a full 65 gallon bait tank with 400 lbs of ice. I averaged close to 2 mpg running back on our last tuna with about 800 lbs of bluefin on the deck. That was a 67 mile run back to dana pt. We never considered repowering with a 250 because thats what we had and for a bit more cash the 50 hp was well worth it. We had a permatrim installed on the f250 and we did the same with the DF300. The permatrim helped with porpoising at speeds greater than 25 knots. It no longer porpoises. I am located in the SF bay area and take this boat out in shitty weather without issues.

The boat looks great who did your repower?

Fishmanjs - I have the same issue - 2004 2520 XL with 225 hp and I want to repower to 300 but my bracket has the same 250 hp limitation - called Armstrong and even though weight of the new 300 hp is the same as my 04 225, it is an issue of increased torque - still trying to decide if I should just repower to 250 or invest in the new bracket, or just let it be.
Davey D - I think I'm gonna sell her and look for a deep vee with a 300. Bracket is approx 4G I'm told; so is it worth it on an XL? Her pounding bothers me in certain seas, so I'm thinking if I'm going to reinvest in a new rig, get a deep vee with the bigger motor.

Davey D - I think I'm gonna sell her and look for a deep vee with a 300. Bracket is approx 4G I'm told; so is it worth it on an XL? Her pounding bothers me in certain seas, so I'm thinking if I'm going to reinvest in a new rig, get a deep vee with the bigger motor.

that makes sense to me and agree - hard to find XLDs on the used market - need to be patient I suppose

I re-powered from a 2004 225 Yamaha to a 2018 300 Yamaha. My fuel mileage went from 1.5 gallons per mile to 2.5. Or thereabouts...

The new engines are much more fuel eficient than the old ones.
Someone has their GPM/GPH/MPG/SOS/BSS all Catty-Wonkered-and Mixed up! ☺
Our 2520 XLD with Yamaha 300 gets 2.0-2.2 Miles Per Gallon... (That's around 14 Gallons Per Hour) ..... Many similar size boats and engines are in this range...

Last edited:
Hey guys found a 2019 with a 300 in FL and purchased it. Its being shipped home now. Thanks for all the advice!

Also, it has a Domestic Heater and AC unit I will be selling if anyone is looking to purchase (I have no use for that).

Attachments

• parker 23.JPG
    parker 23.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2867.JPG
    IMG_2867.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2823.JPG
    IMG_2823.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2824.JPG
    IMG_2824.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2827.JPG
    IMG_2827.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 63
Hey guys found a 2019 with a 300 in FL and purchased it. Its being shipped home now. Thanks for all the advice!

Also, it has a Domestic Heater and AC unit I will be selling if anyone is looking to purchase (I have no use for that).
Congrats on the purchase!

Unless you REALLY want the space, I'd at least hold off on selling the heat/AC system until you get a chance to play with it a bit. It's a popular (and expensive!) upgrade to these boats, and if it's already installed, you're one shore power connection/cheap portable generator away from a fully climate-controlled boat. No matter where you live, that's a cool feature to have, and will add to the resale if you decide to move on at some point.

Would love to see more pictures when you get her home!

Congratulations! I was wondering were that boat went to. I'm looking for one here in SW Florida and it was on my short list.

Back