Parker 2320 Gas Leak Help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cgfuller1

Reaction score
I recently acquired a 1999 Parker 2320 and I am getting a strong fuel smell in the cabin port side.

The smell was not present when we bought it. Even after trailering it 100+ miles. There was about 30 gallons in the tank during the drive.

I know I overfilled the tank first time filling it(rookie mistake). Came out of the fuel hose into the boat.

After taking it out the first time the smell was pretty bad so the inspection started.

The fuel fill line was very old and cracked, so I replaced it and it didn’t have any significant leaks when filling it with water.

I pressure tested the tank (held pressure) and soap/water tested the sender and no leaks.

I tightened everything and inspected the vent and fuel hose.

BUT the smell is still in the cabin and bilge. Note there are holes from bilge to tank area because of the live well hoses.

Question is how likely is it a tank could have holes but hold pressure? Could my overfill mistake or the potential fuel fill line or loose fitting leak still have some smell a few days after?

Thank you in advance

Question is how likely is it a tank could have holes but hold pressure?
Not likely. If you had an overfill incident and that's when the smell started, your smell is probably from the overfill. If you had holes in your tank, I would expect that you would have smelled it earlier. The fact that you pressure tested the tank is valuable info.

Back