Parker 2320 question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etjewell24

Reaction score
I have found a wood substance in the bulge of my Parker 2008 2320, any ideas? Stringers?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 27
That could be anything from a critter-turd to some left-over material from the construction process that is just now working it's way out. Or it could be the beginning of some wood rot.

But I would lean towards it being something other than stringer/floor rot unless you have something else indicating a stringer/floor failure.

I have found a wood substance in the bulge of my Parker 2008 2320, any ideas? Stringers?
I've had my 2320 for about 18 months now and I still occasionally find construction debris in the bilge. Have to be careful and check it regularly. about a week ago the bilge pump wouldn't stop and I found a sliver of plywood under the float.

I know they use pieces of raw wood to keep “things in place” like the gas tank , in the hull , and lower the floor into place. This may be your culprit for bits of wood.

Thanks guys after letting it dry out it started looking more like rust. Then my memory started to kick in. I remembered the fresh water pump that I changed out earlier this summer was in bad shape and contained a lot of rust on the outside ( boat came out of Florida). I am almost positive it came from that. Thanks again for commenting!

Back