Parker 2510WA MV

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pagoda64

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Parker. Typically Stripper, Blues, Trout - Chesapeake Bay Fishing. Would like a good recommendation on GPS, Fisher Finder - "Bait, fish, grass", Radar - Birds! and mounting transducer in hull or Transom.

I have a 2002 2510 WA and ended up installing a full set of Raymarine electronics (radar, FF, GPS/chartplotter) with two separate 7" displays. One display is a grayscale FF with chartplotter capability. The other display is color radar with chartplotter capability. The GPS antenna is SeaTalk, so it drives both displays. They are both HSB2 (high-speed bus), which means they are on a local area network, and can share data. Because radar works great on grayscale, I move the radar window to the grayscale display, and keep the FF and chartplotter on the color display in a split window arrangement. Works very well for me and I'm very happy with it.

The new Raymarine technology is awsome. But so are the other companies. Furuno makes stellare bottom machines and good radar also. I believe Garmin is begining to catch up and offering radar/ff/chartplotter multi-function systems also. Not sure of their quality or reputation though.

Can't go wrong with either Raymarine or Furuno.

WRT mounting the FF transducer, I opted to mount it on the back of the transom. I mounted a 3" x 8" x 1" piece of starboard onto the transom with 6 screws, bedded in 5200. The starboard was also bedded in 5200. The transducer got mounted to the starboard. When it comes time to change the transducer, I don't have to worry about multiple holes in the transom. Somewhere around here in the projects forum are some pics of my ride showing the ducer, the trim tabs, and the hydrofoils on the motor anti-ventilation plates.

Mine isn't a 2510, but it might give you an idea or two.

Garmin 2010 GPS chartplotter, Furuno FCV-600L sounder connected to an Airmar "tilted element" through-hull transducer, Navman 2100 fuel management, and an Icom 502a VHF connected to a 8' Digital VHF antenna. Handheld is a Uniden 'Voyager' VHF.

Image-0EC282D7F14A11D8.jpg

Image-5C4BFB884F5411DB.jpg

I'm happy with everything. :)

Porkchunker":3ueevrh7 said:
Did you cut the hole through the hull to mount the ducer?

No... I didn't have a hole saw large enough.
Tri-State did it for me.

Back