Parker 2830 Extended cabin updates:

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Shawnee, exactly: color matched, perfect footprint, tons of useable space, 33 gallon livewell, and no intrusion of fishability.

Thrilled with the application.

That's ...almost... enough boat for that fishing tackle. Make sure the worm is at least 3 feet from the bobber! :mrgreen:

That boy will remember that trip the rest of his life, great memories... thanks for posting

Guys, its been months since I've updated this thread, so I wanted to close the chapter. I bought my dream boat: the Parker 2830 at the wrong time of life. With three children: 3 years old, 2 years old and 17 weeks old, I never got the opportunity to run this boat like I wanted. Time is such a precious commodity these days.

In reality, " Family First" sat in her slip most of her time with our family. I did run her on picnic lunch runs, fished her some with my son...but I couldn't justify the cost of ownership with how little I was using her.

We sold her. I took a substantial deposit on December 9th, 2016. The buyer had some medical nuances. His physician cleared him on February 1st this year, and we closed the deal on February 21, 2017.

She was picked up yesterday by the buyers shipper, and she is heading to Key West to fish and dive. It's been a great journey with this big ol girl. I will have another 28 pilot house some day...but, for now, I am going back to a more manageable, trailerable Parker pilothouse: either a 2120 or a 2320.

Here is her parting pictures: leaving her warm slip and heading to the travel lift...heading to the happy hunting grounds of the the lower keys.

For the hatches I'd remove the hardware and find a wood planer to run them thru, you can easily regulate the depth of cut and would leave a like new finnish

Mike h":7u1d2the said:
For the hatches I'd remove the hardware and find a wood planer to run them thru, you can easily regulate the depth of cut and would leave a like new finnish

???? Elaborate? The transom fish box covers? They are in excellent condition. That project was one of the 1st I completed on the 2830

Sorry I didn't pay attention to the dates on your post,but that's how I would have done it rather than sanding

Some one got really lucky and got a great boat. Good luck in the hunt for the next one. I hope you were able to turn all that sweat labor into a nice profit..

Blazman234":37dsod6e said:
Some one got really lucky and got a great boat. Good luck in the hunt for the next one. I hope you were able to turn all that sweat labor into a nice profit..

Thanks, Blaze! I have something in the works. My desire is a 2320, but I'm waiting for the perfect opportunity to present herself. I'll fish a 2120 this year and be looking for a 2320 to make into our next dream sled!

Yes, we did well on the 2830. Never intended to sell her, but this is a niche boat for a niche buyer. Both parties walked away satisfied. The new owner restores WWII airplanes, so he will take this build to the next level.

Sorry to see her go, there's always a boat before the next boat. When she headed out she was certainly was in much better shape than the day you purchased her. THANK YOU for taking the time to share all your adventures and upgrades, taking the pictures, and posting the info here. Can't wait to see the next one. take care

Wow, can't believe it you sold her. Actually, I get it with 3 as young as yours. I went boatless when mine was between about 2ish and 5ish. I do think you like the projects though. Good luck on your quest on the next one. I think the 2320's are a good compromise between to small and to big(if there is such a thing as to big a boat :lol: ). You did a great job with that big girl. The new owner is getting a good one.

Thanks so much for sharing your project with us, and creating a wonderful learning experience for all of us. Projects like these generate great discussion, ideas and draw out the vast resources of knowledge that this site and its members have to offer. As the name says..."Family First" is the golden rule; your boat-time will come.
I know, sometimes I feel that my boat is the most expensive picnic table on the planet when I don't use her!
Good luck and enjoy the kids!

Hi Sydngoose!
Life is a tough balance. Work, family, finance. Going forward there will be kids soccer, dance recitals, basketball games and PTA meetings. You get pulled in many different directions.

Keep those kids' feet in the water. They grow up better that way! We took our son sailing when he was an infant. We spent six months sailing the Bahamas when he was 6 years old. We lived aboard our sailboat for two years. He is 45 years old now and I'm certain that this all helped make him the fine man he has become. He has always loved the water and fishing and it warms my heart to see him with his soon-to-be wife and young step-daughter out on his boat, fishing and beaching and enjoying the outdoors together. That's quality family time. Can't be beat! And your kids won't care how big your Parker is!

Acetone works well with the gelcoat. Nice heads up on the kiwigrip. Looks like adding some gray pigment to the gel coat will be nice.

Here my nonskid I did on the top of pilot house with gelcoat. Mixed with beige pigment to match the Parker gelcoat.

796eab5c381edf56e9d68ea0572467f6.jpg
283b9d1518897d51c096b9656b4f0b6c.jpg
What did you add to the gel coat to make it non skid ?

Back