• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parker 2830 For Sale

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earlby you’re kind of obsessed with my asking price no? I’m open to offers if you’d like to make one. You’ve made some points about 15 year old hulls and wood/moisture exposure along with the hours on brand new motors. If it isn’t for you I more than understand and by no means are you obligated it make an offer or buy it. Some people prefer composite boats, some wood, some new and some used. I more than get it as I have my preferences myself. But why you feel the need to come onto this listing for a boat you’re not interested in and make numerous comments about it being over priced or what I should do to get some ‘nibbles’ I find confusing. I’ve had more than a few ‘nibbles’ and most people who have looked understand what’s into this boat and what it would cost to build this new from Parker(assuming they even made a 2830). To those of you who have commented and complimented the boat I appreciate it, thank you(I appreciate those who have scrolled by as well instead of making negative comments on something you aren’t interested in anyway). I truly love this boat and still fish it whenever the weather allows so it’s got even more flawless hours on the motors(which I believe still have 4 years of Suzuki warranty left)!!!!! On that note other than regularly scheduled PM and fluid changes as per Suzuki guidelines I’ve never had a single bit of work done on these motors(600+hrs). They’ve been flawless since break in and as a life long yamaha guy who took a shot with something new I couldn’t be happier. Looking at used boats in the NY area I’ve seen many with this many hours at 10+ years of age. I’m not sure that’s a benefit with fuel left in the lines and most lacking proper maintenance. In my experience(I’m no expert by any means) boats with low hours that sit for years hardly being used are a disaster next to boats used often with a higher meter.

Of course anyone is welcome to an opinion good or bad but coming on someone else’s listing and going out of your way to make negative comments about an asking price that’s clearly WAY less than what’s into the boat on a recent refit is confusing to me. You’re welcome to scroll on by if you like or again, make an offer. I don't offend, worst case scenario is I’ll say no. She’s an incredible boat that’s proven to catch fish and get me and my crew back and forth from the fishing grounds safe, warm and dry(or cool depending on time of year). Not to mention the family fun we’ve had on her.

In the end she’s an amazing machine that will bring someone a lot of joy as she has me and my family. For the record there is no water logged exposed wood or any other moisture issues I’m aware of and I had a full survey done upon purchase.

This boat is at a private home dock and I’m on it daily tinkering or cleaning something if I’m not fishing. Blessed to have that kind of time and able to spend it playing with my boat or fishing.

Best to all.

I see you’ve been posting on people’s listings here since 2017. Have you managed to find yourself a boat to buy with these tactics or are you just happy trying to obstruct someone’s sale? By the way I’m fully aware of how much I’m asking, how old it is and how many hours are on the motors. But I appreciate the guidance.

It is called wood....weigh a new hull and then that same hull 15 years later. No mater how careful it will weigh 50 to 100 pounds more at minimum.
That is a lot of water and physics tells us what water will do to wood over time.
No, I just do not think he realizes that he is asking that much for a 15 year old boat (2005 model). Fix it up as nice as you like but in the end you still have a 15 year old hull and a motor with 600 hours.

Last edited:
I obviously don't have a dog in this fight however I can understand Bass2Mouth's position on pricing his boat. If I decided to sell my boat today I fully know I would have an asking price well over the "book" value. First, its paid for so I wouldn't "have" to sell it and if I didn't get my price I'd keep it. I know the amount of time and energy I put into making sure that everything I bought and had installed was done correctly. But, if I were an educated buyer looking at this boat I believe I would understand the amount of time someone would have put into researching to make sure they had installed the best electronics and made sure they were installed correctly (if you've never been through this its more than just ordering the parts and hiring an installer). I would understand the amount of time that went into researching and selecting the best engines for the repower and again making sure the install & prop selection were done correctly. I would understand that the seller had created and maintained a great maintenance program for not only the engines but all other components on the vessel. Many will say that you can't get paid for the time you invest in a boat but I place a high value on my time. So, if I were in the market for a particular boat and I found one equipped like I wanted it, and I wouldn't have to spend my time doing all of the things that I listed previously I would be willing to pay a premium for that luxury. I'm not saying the boat is priced correctly or incorrectly, all I'm saying is I can understand how one may arrive at what they see the boat is worth to them. If they get a buyer at that price great. If I did not see the value in the time and energy that had gone into setting up the boat then I would just move on to another potential boat to buy. I'm not attacking anyone, just my two cents.

Last edited:
I obviously don't have a dog in this fight however I can understand Bass2Mouth's position on pricing his boat. If I decided to sell my boat today I fully know I would have an asking price well over the "book" value. First, its paid for so I wouldn't "have" to sell it and if I didn't get my price I'd keep it. I know the amount of time and energy I put into making sure that everything I bought and had installed was done correctly. But, if I were an educated buyer looking at this boat I believe I would understand the amount of time someone would have put into researching to make sure they had installed the best electronics and made sure they were installed correctly (if you've never been through this its more than just ordering the parts and hiring an installer). I would understand the amount of time that went into researching and selecting the best engines for the repower and again making sure the install & prop selection were done correctly. I would understand that the seller had created and maintained a great maintenance program for not only the engines but all other components on the vessel. Many will say that you can't get paid for the time you invest in a boat but I place a high value on my time. So, if I were in the market for a particular boat and I found one equipped like I wanted it, and I wouldn't have to spend my time doing all of the things that I listed previously I would be willing to pay a premium for that luxury. I'm not saying the boat is priced correctly or incorrectly, all I'm saying is I can understand how one may arrive at what they see the boat is worth to them. If they get a buyer at that price great. If I did not see the value in the time and energy that had gone into setting up the boat then I would just move on to another potential boat to buy. I'm not attaching anyone, just my two cents.

You’ve summed it up obviously better than I could!!! Thanks for that. Pretty much nailed it and on top of that I’ve said I’m open to offers every step of the way. Worst I’ll say is no.

Post this sweet ride on BD Outdoors and it will sell. There is no point commenting what you think is the right price on a boat you know little about, total butthole move. Better yet what would it cost to build a boat like this in todays market? I bet 200k, I think he is selling for a reasonable price with what stuff cost today. Good luck on the sale, don't mind the haters who cant afford or even dock this boat.

I belong to another manufacturer's boating site. We have unwritten rules that are amazingly adhered to. We stay away from politics and personal attacks. We have enough of that with Facebook and other sites. It seems that this thread has deteriorated somewhat. If someone is attempting to sell a boat that some may think is overpriced a simple courteous remark reflecting that should suffice. Once on the market, if it is overpriced, it won't move and a reduction will be inevitable. There are many variables that can make a boat worth more to someone than current market may imply. The seller has seen the feedback. Can we move on?

Wow. I'm new here but let me say this: most reasonable people would agree posting negative remarks in a "for sale" thread is rarely justified. Keep in mind, members of other forums frequently remark to direct potential Parker buyers/sellers here (and how I found this site).

Most successful forums have strict rules against such behavior. No rules? It's okay, don't do it anyway. It's like taking a dump in someone's front yard.

OP - beautiful boat. GLWS!

--

Wow. I'm new here but let me say this: most reasonable people would agree posting negative remarks in a "for sale" thread is rarely justified. Keep in mind, members of other forums frequently remark to direct potential Parker buyers/sellers here (and how I found this site).

Most successful forums have strict rules against such behavior. No rules? It's okay, don't do it anyway. It's like taking a dump in someone's front yard.

OP - beautiful boat. GLWS!

--

Thanks for the laugh. Right on point!

Actually, what difference does it make what price a person puts on his boat. If you want to purchase the boat make an offer. The seller has a right to reject the offer. If the boat is overpriced that's the seller's problem. After all, it is HIS boat.

Post this sweet ride on BD Outdoors and it will sell. There is no point commenting what you think is the right price on a boat you know little about, total butthole move. Better yet what would it cost to build a boat like this in todays market? I bet 200k, I think he is selling for a reasonable price with what stuff cost today. Good luck on the sale, don't mind the haters who cant afford or even dock this boat.

It’s on BD as well. Prob closer to 225k+. Thanks!!!

Earlby is doing Bass2mouth a huge favor. Every time he posts, three of you flip out and respond and this becomes the number 1 thread on Classic Parker, toping the most-active-thread notification email to all members. I keep seeing the thread for this boat over and over.

So do I get a cut - commission. After all with a price like that enough for all.
Earlby is doing Bass2mouth a huge favor. Every time he posts, three of you flip out and respond and this becomes the number 1 thread on Classic Parker, toping the most-active-thread notification email to all members. I keep seeing the thread for this boat over and over.

Agreed! I believe I’ve thanked him a few times for it as well.

You can get exactly what you’ve contributed... Thanks again!!!! I truly appreciate the activity. Will you be making an offer?

Nice, with the comments looks like you convinced big brother to delete all my post from this thread.
So I guess this will be deleted as well but that sure smacks of censorship if you do not like a post just have it deleted.

Nice, with the comments looks like you convinced big brother to delete all my post from this thread.
So I guess this will be deleted as well but that sure smacks of censorship if you do not like a post just have it deleted.

Lol, are you serious? You got your own posts deleted my friend. I didn’t complain, in fact (over and over) I thanked you for the activity and attention brought to my listing. I’d imagine big brother deleted them to keep the forum inline with how it should be and not a battle ground. Posts like yours don’t make people want to use the forum or sell anything. That’s why that conduct isn’t allowed in most other for sale forums and I’m surprised there aren’t rules posted here. It had the most attention on the entire forum and you think I’d want that deleted? You’ve got me confused for somebody else. By all means repost them all and keep this thread going!!! I’m the last guy to censor anyone.

Bump for spring! All she needs is some fresh bottom paint before she goes in. All service completed by certified Suzuki tech(fluids, filters, zincs internal and external, water pumps). 100% turn key and ready! 672hrs currently and never an issue. Pleasantly surprised at how billet proof these Suzuki’s have been.

Bump for spring! All she needs is some fresh bottom paint before she goes in. All service completed by certified Suzuki tech(fluids, filters, zincs internal and external, water pumps). 100% turn key and ready! 672hrs currently and never an issue. Pleasantly surprised at how billet proof these Suzuki’s have been.
Is she still for sale?

Back