Quantcast

Parker 2830 For Sale

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I just do not think he realizes that he is asking that much for a 15 year old boat (2005 model). Fix it up as nice as you like but in the end you still have a 15 year old hull and a motor with 600 hours.
I love this logic. "But it's a 15 year old hull!" Hulls don't go bad, ask everyone that's ever restored a 70's or 80's classic SeaCraft. In fact, in a lot of cases the earlier hulls are built better than the newer ones. The only real things that need to have attention paid to them are whether there's any soft spots in the deck, and the possibility that the fuel tank may be approaching its lifespan. The deck is pretty easy to ascertain whether it's bad or not, and the tank is good until it's not.

The motors are 2019s. They've got hours on them but they're also very likely still under warranty. The electronics are from 2019 and are extensive. Most of the systems on board sound like they've been replaced. In the ways that matter, the boat is essentially a 2019 model.

The boat is heavily customized in a quality way. It's also one of the rarest hulls that Parker has ever made and is sought after. To anyone that's paying attention, this boat is worth more than a brand new model based simply on the fact that you couldn't buy this boat new if you wanted to and if you did, you'd spend a lot of time and effort getting it to this level. If that's not interesting to you, great. But don't presume to devalue the boat because you don't see the value in the rarity, the attention to detail, and the effort that went into rigging this boat the way it is.

I would encourage the owner to keep bumping this post and to stand your ground on the price if you're not in a hurry to sell it. You'll get your price when to right buyer comes by, and they will.

tmjewett

Reaction score
Earlby - You have been hammering away on the price of this boat for as long as the ad has been running. I wonder why that is. Could it be you are indirectly trying to negotiate a better price for yourself? Because other than that, just exactly what do you think you are accomplishing? The rest of us seem to understand the particular value this boat offers. Buy it if you like it, don't if you can't accept the price but spending forum time hammering the owner about the price doesn't seem very useful to anyone, including you.

Oh, and stop down at your favorite marina during high season. Wave your magic wand and make all the boats over 15 years old disappear. Half empty marina? Wonder what all those other people know that you don't?

Pipe down. Whatever value there was in you hammering on the price, it is long since lost because of your repeated and totally unnecessary silliness..

earlby

Reaction score
Earlby - You have been hammering away on the price of this boat for as long as the ad has been running. I wonder why that is. Could it be you are indirectly trying to negotiate a better price for yourself? Because other than that, just exactly what do you think you are accomplishing? The rest of us seem to understand the particular value this boat offers. Buy it if you like it, don't if you can't accept the price but spending forum time hammering the owner about the price doesn't seem very useful to anyone, including you.

Oh, and stop down at your favorite marina during high season. Wave your magic wand and make all the boats over 15 years old disappear. Half empty marina? Wonder what all those other people know that you don't?

Pipe down. Whatever value there was in you hammering on the price, it is long since lost because of your repeated and totally unnecessary silliness..
Just one picture on why a 15 year old hull is not the same as a new one

1602852793262.png

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is called wood....weigh a new hull and then that same hull 15 years later. No mater how careful it will weigh 50 to 100 pounds more at minimum.
That is a lot of water and physics tells us what water will do to wood over time.
All of the wood components of these boats are fully encapsulated in fiberglass.

50-100lbs of water is approximately 10 gallons of water.

50-100lbs is also an extremely negligible amount of weight in a 15 year old boat. I'd be very curious to see the 15 year old boats that are still completely bone stock that you're weighing to get this scientific comparison that you speak of. I hope you also pulled off any electronics, cabling, aftermarket accessories and every last drop of fuel before you did your weight test.

These boats are also filled with foam. If you're gaining water weight, there's a much greater chance that it's soaking into the foam, than absorbing into the wood.

I've never once heard of a Parker, or any boat with wood construction, suffering from any sort of catastrophic structural failure due to internal components that rotted away unbeknownst to the owner. If you've got water intrusion issues... you're probably gonna know about it, and you (or the last guy that owned it) probably caused them.

Stop trying to devalue boats with updated systems and components because of the year that the hull was built.

B2M, I apologize for hijacking your For Sale post. Good luck with the sale.

earlby

Reaction score
All of the wood components of these boats are fully encapsulated in fiberglass.

50-100lbs of water is approximately 10 gallons of water.

50-100lbs is also an extremely negligible amount of weight in a 15 year old boat. I'd be very curious to see the 15 year old boats that are still completely bone stock that you're weighing to get this scientific comparison that you speak of. I hope you also pulled off any electronics, cabling, aftermarket accessories and every last drop of fuel before you did your weight test.

These boats are also filled with foam. If you're gaining water weight, there's a much greater chance that it's soaking into the foam, than absorbing into the wood.

I've never once heard of a Parker, or any boat with wood construction, suffering from any sort of catastrophic structural failure due to internal components that rotted away unbeknownst to the owner. If you've got water intrusion issues... you're probably gonna know about it, and you (or the last guy that owned it) probably caused them.

Stop trying to devalue boats with updated systems and components because of the year that the hull was built.

B2M, I apologize for hijacking your For Sale post. Good luck with the sale.
I am not trying to devalue this boat. I am just not looking at it through the rose colored glasses that you seem to be using. Go look at most any boating forum and look at all the discussions on wood issues in boats. I suspect if you did a search in this forum you would find some of those discussions and issues dealing with it. Lots of cases where the fuel tanks had to be replaced in 10 to 20 year old hulls (mostly due to ethanol). Where they found the so called encapsulated stringers had been infiltrated and had to be replaced. Some of those would be Parkers as well as many other brands. That is not something caused be a careless user install or such. It is just a fact that no matter how good or careful the manufacturer is during the build stage little things happen and do slip through. Do not misunderstand me, I believe Parker makes a great boat but no matter how you slice or dice it a 15 year old hull with wood is no were near the value of a new hull by the same manufacturer. It is no different than those that that take a 2k dollar car and put 10k worth of wheels and tires on it. It does not make it 12k resale value. Why do you think the brands that use wood will only give you a 5 or 10 year hull warranty vs the lifetime ones on non-wood hulls.

I wish him well on the sale and hope he finds someone willing to give him what he is asking. But I suspect his offers will be slim and far between with that asking price.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to devalue this boat. I am just not looking at it through the rose colored glasses that you seem to be using. Go look at most any boating forum and look at all the discussions on wood issues in boats. I suspect if you did a search in this forum you would find some of those discussions and issues dealing with it. Lots of cases where the fuel tanks had to be replaced in 10 to 20 year old hulls (mostly due to ethanol). Where they found the so called encapsulated stringers had been infiltrated and had to be replaced. Some of those would be Parkers as well as many other brands. That is not something caused be a careless user install or such. It is just a fact that no matter how good or careful the manufacturer is during the build stage little things happen and do slip through. Do not misunderstand me, I believe Parker makes a great boat but no matter how you slice or dice it a 15 year old hull with wood is no were near the value of a new hull by the same manufacturer. It is no different than those that that take a 2k dollar car and put 10k worth of wheels and tires on it. It does not make it 12k resale value. Why do you think the brands that use wood will only give you a 5 or 10 year hull warranty vs the lifetime ones on non-wood hulls.

I wish him well on the sale and hope he finds someone willing to give him what he is asking. But I suspect his offers will be slim and far between with that asking price.
I've read countless threads regarding wood replacement in Parkers and other wooden-built boats, and have experienced it myself. In every case there is a clear path by which the water entered the boat, and it's almost always due to owner error (poorly installed hardware, neglected deck fittings, outright damage, etc). It's also usually pretty evident. And in the vast majority of situations, the rot is contained within the deck, and the stringers are fine.

Furthermore, your assertion that people are pulling tanks that just rotted out on their own and discovering their stringers are shot is backwards. In the VAST majority of those cases the tank is rotted due to water that has leaked beneath the deck and collected in the foam next to the tank, and that same water has seeped into the stringers. Again, that water came from somewhere. There are exceptions to everything but framing that situation as "common" is erroneous. Keep the water out of your hull, and you really have nothing to worry about.

I agree with you in principle- If you have a 15 year old hull that is showing signs of neglect or water intrusion, then you have a risk of rotten decks and/or stringers and therefore a less valuable boat. However, if you've got a 15 year old hull that is bone dry beneath all the deck openings, has been well maintained and cared for, and has equipment that is properly installed (harder to tell, unless the owner can provide pictures, but sloppy work is pretty apparent) then there's no reason for that hull to be drastically devalued. Of course it's not going to be the same as a new hull, but there's no reason why it can't have significant value. The relatively robust prices of well-kept used Parkers bears this theory out.

As I said earlier, in addition to being by all appearances in excellent condition, this boat derives a great deal of it's value by being rare. For someone who wants a 2830, they're unlikely to find another one at all, much less one in as good a shape as this one. If that's not your cup of tea, that's fine. The owner's not trying to sell it to someone out looking for a run-of-the-mill 2520. This is a unique boat for a unique buyer.

I likewise wish you luck in finding a used Parker that fits your budget. However, expecting people to sell boats that are well-equipped and in good shape for a song simply because they're old is probably not going to pan out for you.

Bass2Mouth

Reaction score
Earlby you’re kind of obsessed with my asking price no? I’m open to offers if you’d like to make one. You’ve made some points about 15 year old hulls and wood/moisture exposure along with the hours on brand new motors. If it isn’t for you I more than understand and by no means are you obligated it make an offer or buy it. Some people prefer composite boats, some wood, some new and some used. I more than get it as I have my preferences myself. But why you feel the need to come onto this listing for a boat you’re not interested in and make numerous comments about it being over priced or what I should do to get some ‘nibbles’ I find confusing. I’ve had more than a few ‘nibbles’ and most people who have looked understand what’s into this boat and what it would cost to build this new from Parker(assuming they even made a 2830). To those of you who have commented and complimented the boat I appreciate it, thank you(I appreciate those who have scrolled by as well instead of making negative comments on something you aren’t interested in anyway). I truly love this boat and still fish it whenever the weather allows so it’s got even more flawless hours on the motors(which I believe still have 4 years of Suzuki warranty left)!!!!! On that note other than regularly scheduled PM and fluid changes as per Suzuki guidelines I’ve never had a single bit of work done on these motors(600+hrs). They’ve been flawless since break in and as a life long yamaha guy who took a shot with something new I couldn’t be happier. Looking at used boats in the NY area I’ve seen many with this many hours at 10+ years of age. I’m not sure that’s a benefit with fuel left in the lines and most lacking proper maintenance. In my experience(I’m no expert by any means) boats with low hours that sit for years hardly being used are a disaster next to boats used often with a higher meter.

Of course anyone is welcome to an opinion good or bad but coming on someone else’s listing and going out of your way to make negative comments about an asking price that’s clearly WAY less than what’s into the boat on a recent refit is confusing to me. You’re welcome to scroll on by if you like or again, make an offer. I don't offend, worst case scenario is I’ll say no. She’s an incredible boat that’s proven to catch fish and get me and my crew back and forth from the fishing grounds safe, warm and dry(or cool depending on time of year). Not to mention the family fun we’ve had on her.

In the end she’s an amazing machine that will bring someone a lot of joy as she has me and my family. For the record there is no water logged exposed wood or any other moisture issues I’m aware of and I had a full survey done upon purchase.

This boat is at a private home dock and I’m on it daily tinkering or cleaning something if I’m not fishing. Blessed to have that kind of time and able to spend it playing with my boat or fishing.

Best to all.

Bass2Mouth

Reaction score
I see you’ve been posting on people’s listings here since 2017. Have you managed to find yourself a boat to buy with these tactics or are you just happy trying to obstruct someone’s sale? By the way I’m fully aware of how much I’m asking, how old it is and how many hours are on the motors. But I appreciate the guidance.

It is called wood....weigh a new hull and then that same hull 15 years later. No mater how careful it will weigh 50 to 100 pounds more at minimum.
That is a lot of water and physics tells us what water will do to wood over time.
No, I just do not think he realizes that he is asking that much for a 15 year old boat (2005 model). Fix it up as nice as you like but in the end you still have a 15 year old hull and a motor with 600 hours.

Last edited:

tmjewett

Reaction score
Earlby - Can't you read? Pay some attention to what others are saying to you. Show some consideration. Time for you to just shut up!

earlby

Reaction score
Earlby - Can't you read? Pay some attention to what others are saying to you. Show some consideration. Time for you to just shut up!

This is so funny...it all started because I had the audacity to say "your are dreaming on the price" At that point all the people wearing those Rose-colored glasses started attacking me with comments like "I find Earlby's comment without redeeming social value."

I ignored the personal attacks and attempted to explain why I thought the price was not in line with reality.

" No, I just do not think he realizes that he is asking that much for a 15 year old boat (2005 model). Fix it up as nice as you like but in the end you still have a 15 year old hull and a motor with 600 hours."

But as you can see those same people once again looked through those Rose-colored glasses while totally dismissing anything I had to say supporting that.

As stated to Bass2Mouth, it was not anything against him or his boat but the asking price was not in line with reasonable values.
"I wish him well on the sale and hoped he finds someone willing to give him what he is asking. But I suspect his offers will be slim and far between with that asking price."

And yes Bass2Mouth I have bought several boats in the last 3 years and sold a couple as well. I currently own 4 boats so I do know the value of boats. And as I stated this all started because I made that one comment "your are dreaming on the price" and was then attacked by others, not you. If you are smart and really want to sell it you will listen to feedback, both good and bad. I still think your asking price is way too high. But who knows you might find someone who will pay that, after all a sucka is born every day.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the price of a 2020 Ram 1500? I need to know so I can price my 2005.
Excellent point. I'd imagine if yours was the only 2005 Ram 1500 on the market, and it was in pretty good shape, and there was anyone out there specifically looking for a 2005 Ram 1500... you could probably convince them to pay pretty much whatever you wanted for it.

Bass2Mouth

Reaction score
Excellent point. I'd imagine if yours was the only 2005 Ram 1500 on the market, and it was in pretty good shape, and there was anyone out there specifically looking for a 2005 Ram 1500... you could probably convince them to pay pretty much whatever you wanted for it.

Great point!!!! Maybe he can get me a price on a 2020 Jeep CJ7 as well. Thanks for the laughs.

Bass2Mouth

Reaction score
This is so funny...it all started because I had the audacity to say "your are dreaming on the price" At that point all the people wearing those Rose-colored glasses started attacking me with comments like "I find Earlby's comment without redeeming social value."

I ignored the personal attacks and attempted to explain why I thought the price was not in line with reality.

" No, I just do not think he realizes that he is asking that much for a 15 year old boat (2005 model). Fix it up as nice as you like but in the end you still have a 15 year old hull and a motor with 600 hours."

But as you can see those same people once again looked through those Rose-colored glasses while totally dismissing anything I had to say supporting that.

As stated to Bass2Mouth, it was not anything against him or his boat but the asking price was not in line with reasonable values.
"I wish him well on the sale and hoped he finds someone willing to give him what he is asking. But I suspect his offers will be slim and far between with that asking price."

And yes Bass2Mouth I have bought several boats in the last 3 years and sold a couple as well. I currently own 4 boats so I do know the value of boats. And as I stated this all started because I made that one comment "your are dreaming on the price" and was then attacked by others, not you. If you are smart and really want to sell it you will listen to feedback, both good and bad. I still think your asking price is way too high. But who knows you might find someone who will pay that, after all a sucka is born every day.

Thanks for proving my point that you’re here for no other reason than to break balls and be an obstructionist. What kind of narcissistic BS are you tossing out that you think I might be looking for your advice and feedback? Come with cash and we can have a discussion. Otherwise all you are to me is someone who likes to talk nonsense on these forums between stops on redtube and pornhub. Go out and do some fishing on one of your low hour recently built 4 boats... the fresh air will do you good. Either way thanks for the hits on my listing and for keeping it up front on the forum. More to come I hope.

Latest posts