Parker floor slippery

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheerios

Reaction score
On my Parker 2520XL I have found the cabin floor very slippery when wet . I have tried a rubber bathtub mat. Keeping in mind that it must be removable to clean, any other ideas out there? The area in question is as you step into the cabin from the rear deck. If your feet are wet it is very slippery.

Cheerios

I agree... mine is too.

I had considered rolling on a non-skid, but that would make cleaning that floor a lot more difficult.
You can scrub down the cockpit floor and hose it off, but you really can't do that inside the PH. :(

For the last two seasons I've kept an old bath towel in the cabin and tossed it on the floor when my feet are wet, but I know that isn't the best thing to do.

The smooth gelcoat makes it simple to wipe the area down with a sponge for cleaning, but it does get slippery...

I'd be interested in hearing what others have done about this.

I solved the slippery problem by purchasing a piece of indoor/outdoor carpeting from Lowes. I cut the carpet to give the look of wall to wall capeting. Not only does this solve the slippery problem it makes the pilothouse very quiet. My carpet matches cabin liner carpet. When the carpet gets ratty after several years I just replace it. Total cost is about $20.00.

This is a big concern for us. My family is in and out of the water all day long, so there are always three or four pair of wet feet marching in and out of the cabin.
For now we've settled on cutting down one of those 3X5 rubber-backed doormats that you find in Lowe's, Home Depot or the Warehouse stores.
We first make a pattern out of wide craft paper, so the fit around the pedastal for the helm seat and other corners is exact.
It doesn't cover the whole deck, just a walkway in the critical slip zone between the cabin door and the V-berth.
Every few trips we pull it up and hose it down on deck.
Quick, simple, inexpensive.

This is a big concern for us. My family is in and out of the water all day long, so there are always three or four pair of wet feet marching in and out of the cabin.
For now we've settled on cutting down one of those 3X5 rubber-backed doormats that you find in Lowe's, Home Depot or the Warehouse stores.
We first make a pattern out of wide craft paper, so the fit around the pedastal for the helm seat and other corners is exact.
It doesn't cover the whole deck, just a walkway in the critical slip zone between the cabin door and the V-berth.
Every few trips we pull it up and hose it down on deck.
Quick, simple, inexpensive.

I got those 18" x 18" x 3/4" foam interlocking squares from Lowes. Mine are gray, but you can get them in various colors. Not only do the keep you from slipping, but provide a cushion to absorb some of the pounding and some insulation for those cold Nov/Dec CBBT trips.

I'll try to get some pics when I ready the boat for spring fishing next weekend.

my deck is even more slippery than the parker. I currently roll out 3 commercial floor mats from Home depot. I am strongly considering having the deck sprayed with a truck liner. To my understanding it works wonderfully and you can get colors to match. Here is one I am considering:

http://www.durabakcompany.com/google-durabak.htm

Greg, I've heard of people who have done the spray-in truck bed liner, but don't know of anyone who has had one for the long term yet.

Something else you might want to consider is what Warthog5 did on his X-Shark project. Its a Duraback non-skid that can be rolled on. I was considering using this on my Pilothouse floor.

http://www.classicmako.com/projects/xshark/bw39.htm

If you need details that aren't covered in Bobbys web page, drop him a PM. He is a registed user here on ClassicParker.

I went for Porkchunker's solution with the same gray interlocking sections. Ditto on the cushioning. Feels good on the feet and back. The only drawback I have heard of with these pads is if you get them totally saturated and get alot of water underneath, the whole mat may go out from under you. A few pieces of velcro in the critical areas may help. I've never had mine slip so far, but if you come in from a swim or dive dripping wet, I could see it happening.

The only time I had my entire mat almost go out from under me was when I dropped a plastic spray bottle full of WD-40. The gray pads were the least of my problem. That 1qt of WD-40 quickly spread out over the entire dance floor, and it became like an ice skating rink. There wasn't 1 sq inch of deck that wasn't dangerous that day...and it was windy and rough to boot. :shock: :shock: :shock:

BTW, my gray mats are at the helm, not in the cabin...so there is non-skid under my mats.

There was a good thread about this last April http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=427&highlight=rubber.

My reply to the thread showed the floor covering system I use between my center console and the leaning post. I bought a 3' x 3' red rubber floor mat at Sams Club and cut it in half. It just fits in the space. Since I have two pieces of rubber matting, I put one on top of the other, but could just as easily use a single layer. This stuff is really heavy and does not slide. Because of all the perforations and holes, water quickly drains through. I then put a piece of rubberized kitchen mat on top to improve the shock-absorbency.

Although my application is a bit different, the materials should work just as well inside a cabin.

Back