Parker for cruising

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotChrist?

Reaction score
Anyone use their Parker for cruising, overnighting, sand barring, bar hopping, ... instead of strictly fishing? If so would like to hear what you added to adapt it to overnighting.

My serach continues. Seems anything that is in decent shape is some distance from me.

I do all of the above. I have a bait table that is large enough for a Webber Q grill which works awesome for the sandbar and overnighting. I use blankets to sleep on and under if I'm staying in the cabin. I also have two bean bags, which are the best sleep you will get bar none, for on the deck. I go bar and restaurant hopping frequently as there are so many available here in the Hilton Head area. I also run the Savannah for River Street. I have the fridge and sink in place of the port rear seat so a cold beer is never far away. For sandbar days I throw 60 lbs of ice and all the drinks in the transom cooler and put the food in the fridge. I did add two 100 Kw solar panels to the roof with a solar controller and a house battery to run the fridge 24/7 ( I don't use shore power). Also a $100 Neso beach tent that I velcro to the roof top handrails and run to two boat hooks in the rear rod holders for shade. It works great on all but the windiest days. I also bought a marine fan and installed a cigarette lighter outlet to plug it and phone chargers into. It has a suction cup so I can use it in the berth and/or on the inside of the windows on those foggy days. You're only limited be your imagination. These boat will pretty much do whatever you are wanting to do.

93e4d5553e50aef7313f897cc6bd7d18.jpg

You can see the grill and the shade in this pic.
971ee56f77e01ff9d304bb76eaa2ca81.jpg

And the solar panels in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neat. The second owner of my 2320 EC or 2330 , setup like a 2530. He added a refrigerator, solar panels, a wheel house battery bank with 8 golf cart batteries , inverter, etc. alas it was poorly wired with wrong wiring, fuses, etc, I pulled it all out last year and today only have battery bank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Antidote":3uvxjuy1 said:
I do all of the above. I did add two 100 Kw solar panels to the roof with a solar controller and a house battery to run the fridge 24/7 ( I don't use shore power).

Did you do a thread with parts list on that install?

On my current boat for cockpit shade, I bought a sun shade and length adjustable clips off Amazon with plans to attach the shade to the back of the bimini top and run it to PVC poles in the rear fish holders. Saw the idea on Hull Truth.

clips: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010P ... UTF8&psc=1

Sun shade: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1 ... UTF8&psc=1

Brent":2gb293nm said:
Neat. The second owner of my 2320 EC or 2330 , setup like a 2530. He added a refrigerator, solar panels, a wheel house battery bank with 8 golf cart batteries , inverter, etc. alas it was poorly wired with wrong wiring, fuses, etc, I pulled it all out last year and today only have battery bank

Where did he place those 8 batteries in the cabin?

Thanks. In reading thru it a thought occurred. Instead of temp and other concerns for battery protection why not use the solar panel to power the battery charger so that the onboard charger does what it does best? It would then charge both banks and not overcharge, but go thru its 2 or 3 phases.

The solar controller does all of that. The panels need to be regulated down to usable voltage. Battery chargers can’t use the power coming off the panels.

GotChrist?":jdhhd7pk said:
Brent":jdhhd7pk said:

On inside on the floor and inside
928da5912573f9c4d5de3f2902f09bab.jpg

battery cases below charger. Here is a pic of installing charger and batteries are tough to see.

Brent":19aqelmw said:
GotChrist?":19aqelmw said:
Brent":19aqelmw said:

On inside on the floor and inside
928da5912573f9c4d5de3f2902f09bab.jpg

battery cases below charger. Here is a pic of installing charger and batteries are tough to see.

Thanks Brent.

I use mine for overnights weekends. It’s mostly configured for Marina stays. Shore power, marine AC/Heat, 200AH AGM, hard wired Inverter, hard wired digital battery charger. I can run the AC while under power for 2.5 hours or so. Otherwise, I need to use a portable generator for anchoring out if I want 110V power. My wife made temporary curtains for the house out of sheet material and Velcro. It was just meant to provide a pattern for proper ones using sunbrella but not gotten to that yet. Bimini top that connects to house via detachable dodger.

shawnee83":3v9di27j said:
I use mine for overnights weekends. It’s mostly configured for Marina stays. Shore power, marine AC/Heat, 200AH AGM, hard wired Inverter, hard wired digital battery charger. I can run the AC while under power for 2.5 hours or so. Otherwise, I need to use a portable generator for anchoring out if I want 110V power. My wife made temporary curtains for the house out of sheet material and Velcro. It was just meant to provide a pattern for proper ones using sunbrella but not gotten to that yet. Bimini top that connects to house via detachable dodger.

You answered the mail. I was curious how one dealt with privacy. Some options I considered was vinyl curtains snapped in place on the outside or figuring out how to fasten cloth ones for the inside. What do you use for heat/ac?

Webasto FCF 5000 BTU. For curtains, most of the type made for the outside will provide privacy during the day but not at night. I think snap in or Velcro from the inside is the way to go. I wanted to make mine so they stayed attached at the top and you just roll the curtain up and stow in place just like you would do with the zip out windows on a canvas top inclosure. Keep it easy and simple. Eliminating the need to stow them and much quicker to put the curtain down/up.

Attachments

• 33F97275-A202-42D1-8212-FA3E5FFD145C.jpeg
    33F97275-A202-42D1-8212-FA3E5FFD145C.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 4DACB568-194C-4C8C-B15D-805FDB79C318.jpeg
    4DACB568-194C-4C8C-B15D-805FDB79C318.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 317
This is the only pic I can find showing curtains. As you can see, we did a quick and crappy job of cutting up a green sheet and using Velcro to put them up. Funny thing is that they look great from the outside because the windows frames them out and you can’t tell how badly they are cut and fit, lol. My plan was to use the sheets to get a pattern from and use sunbrella to make better ones. Maybe this year I’ll get to it?

Attachments

• 876D22E3-12BD-4F70-B2E5-3D2E4549A72B.jpeg
    876D22E3-12BD-4F70-B2E5-3D2E4549A72B.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 321
Your solution for privacy going the roll up route is along the same lines I was thinking for going the interior route. Have to ask, where did you mount the Webasto unit?

Back