Parker lists to starboard side

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevemcneil

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Steve Mcneil I’m from Boston, I own a 1990 25 10 Parker pilot house and I wanted to know if anyone knows why my boat lists to the starboard side ?? Thanks in advance

Quite common Steve.
If you look at where the helm is positioned, as well as the v-berth door, you will notice that the majority of the mass (the heavier stuff) is on the starboard side.
Most of us have re-distributed some of our gear (including batteries) to port to compensate.

You only really see the list at the dock. Nothing to be concerned about.

We all have that problem Steve but it's manageable. All the rigging runs up the starboard gunwale and there's just more heavy stuff on that side. Load your gear and heavier items on the port side and it'll sit level. Welcome and enjoy your Parker!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

When I bought my 1989 2520 in 2011 I noticed the slight list as well. I use my boat for Scuba, among other things, and I simply store my lead for three divers in the port side rear storage compartment. Problem solved.

Thank you guys for the information, we have owned our boat for 15 years and we love it

'96 2530. Literally a couple weeks ago I put some sandbag tubes in the port cabin behind the base storage cabinets. 120 lb, could take out about 20 lb. They were 40 lb tubes.

Cockpit drains better.

Dana

My 2820 lists to starboard unless I fill my bait tank on the port side. I don't use live bait so I keep ~100lbs of lead ingots in the tank. Between that and keeping the fresh water tank under the port rear seat filled up the boat is relatively flat now.

Back