Parker owner thinking about Eastern 27 Tournament

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumsal

Reaction score
Anyone have opinions on the newer Eastern 27 series (Islander/Tournament)? I lIke the wider beamed Eastern 27 Tournament layout and creature comforts (separate head, etc.) while still being simple to maintain. The factory is less than a hour away from me too.

Any thoughts, good or bad?

Anyone have opinions on the newer Eastern 27 series (Islander/Tournament)? I lIke the wider beamed Eastern 27 Tournament layout and creature comforts (separate head, etc.) while still being simple to maintain. The factory is less than a hour away from me too.

Any thoughts, good or bad?
I like both the Islander and Tournament versions. The Eastern 27 is a much 'bigger' all-around boat than our Parker 2520. A closer comparison would be a 2530 or 2830...The mid-cabin ('quarter-berth' and/or storage) is a major 'plus' for me; love it! That feature is available in a number of other boat brands.... I also like the larger cabin area with stand-up head room and enclosed head. I'm not crazy about the soft enclosure for the pilothouse/galley; I prefer a door and a hard wall.... I'd prefer an anchor pulpit, but I'd guess that's an available option. I've not seen performance numbers, but I'd guess a Parker 2520/30 or 2820/30 with the 300 Yamaha would out-perform the Eastern 27 with their top-rated 300. Mostly because it's not an apples-to-apples comparison.... I think the Parker 2520/30 or 2820/30 appeals more to the die-hard fishing-only group.

Last edited:
You can get a hard-door as an option, but I kinda like the open back with curtains. I did take a test ride on their “pond” up in NH and it definitely handles differently than my 2510XLD. My biggest concern is the ride - I don’t want to go backwards for rough water handling (head sea and following seas). They assure me that it can cruise 30 mph and eat up the GOM chop but they recommend stepping up to twin 200s. You can really customize the build if buying new but the base price without power is 205K. My 2510 has been rock solid so my expectations are high.

Back