Quantcast

Parker Owner Yahoo Groups Archive

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

TomS

Administrator
Reaction score
As some of you may know, before the creation of ClassicParker there was a Yahoo Group dedicated to Parker Owners. This group is no longer active, but there is quite a bit of good information available that may be of use to our members.

I have created an archive of all the old Yahoo Group messages and placed it on the ClassicParker site. It was quite a chore to download all the old messages, and get them into a somewhat readable format. I'll spare you the boring details, but it wasn't fun :)

Anyhow, here is a link to the archive page:

Yahoo Group Message Archive

This should be fairly strightforward for everyone. The page opens up to a list of all the messages and their subject lines. Simply click the link to the right of the subject line to read an individual message.

Once you have read the message, use your browser's "BACK" button to return to the main index of archived messages.

If you want to search for a topic, use your browser's built in "Find" or "Search" function from the main index page. This can be found on most browsers by selecting the "EDIT->FIND" menu item.

If you want to come back home to ClassicParker, just click on the ClassicParker logo at the top of the index page.

If there is enough interest, I will add a link to this archive from the main CP homepage, and possibly add a built-in search engine.

Note that some of the messages have quite a bit of extra "junk" in them, mostly Yahoo advertisements, that can sometimes mess up the formatting, but this stuff is typically at the bottom of the real message. There is no easy way to remove this stuff, short of editing over 800 message files by hand. Any volunteers? ;)

Let me know what you think..

-- Tom

Stank Bait

Reaction score
This is a really good way to present the information. I think it will be helpful to a lot of Parker owners, especially new ones that did not know about the Yahoo board. Good Job TomS. There is a lot of good ideas and information there. Your efforts will be appreciated by Parker owners looking for a solution to a particular problem.

bt

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Wow, GREAT job Tom!

Fishing season must be over :roll: for you huh ... :?: ?

Megabyte

Reaction score
I'm very impressed! 8)

The inclusion of the Yahoo message database takes ClassicParker to a whole new level.

Thanks Tom! :D

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Megabyte":1u4m41gn said:
... takes ClassicParker to a whole new level.
Uhhh Kevin ... that should be ClassicParker ;)

Porkchunker

Reaction score
Great work...I wouldn't worry about going through the 800+ messages to delete the Yahoo ads. Info is there for people to pick through.

cbigma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom..

Excellent Job! Thank you.

Now,, do we need a new "Top Level" category from the main index page under "Misc and Support" to Archives and References or something similar?

We could move the Sticky Links about Google- searching the Old ParkerMarine BBS there, and all the miscellaneous stickies about links of interest, wire size calculators etc... into a single spot,, like a reference library.

That way.. if you are looking for one of those reference links, you dont have to search through the various individual sections to find them.

That also cleans up the individual forums too.. by shortening the growing list of stickies at the top....

TomS

Administrator
Reaction score
Fear not, I'll probably do a complete re-do of the main CP home page sometime soon.

-- Tom

Latest posts