Permatrim top or bottom mount?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
Thinking of getting permatrims but is hesitant to do so due to multiple reports of losing top end. I spend most of the time in the ocean so getting WOT is never possible anyways. I'm already 500 RPM below the 6k rpm recommended so not looking to lose anymore. Even in light condition this boat is giving me and the passengers a beating more than I'd like, hoping that Permatrim can help.

Worth the double cost of other hydrofoils?
Top or bottom mounts?

Or get bigger trim tabs as an option?

Going on a 200hp 4s

Well, I have a 2520XL with the modified V. Some have said the peraitrim worked well. I put one on and see no difference in trim. My advice would be save your money and not get it.

Original prop was 15x17p 3 blade as

Prop on there now is 14.5x15 4 blade

The bottom mounted permatrim is one of the best additions I have installed on my 2015 2120sc Parker with 200hp 4s Yamaha. The best benefit is that it allows the boat to stay up on plane at much slower speed, 22mph vs 27mph. This really helps in a rough tight chop sea condition.

You can install the Permatrim in either position ..... above or below the anti-cavitation plate. I think below is now preferred.

In terms of losing RPM from your WOT caused by the installation of Permatrim ..... fear not. You won't loose anything. You won't gain speed nor will you loose anything. At least this was my experience with a 23 DVCC and a F250 3.3l engine. You will see an easier transition from plowing to planning. And she'll ride more "level" without the need for any trim tabs.

All of this said, I didn't find any benefit of permatrim when I removed the F250 (probably marginally acceptable power for this hull) and replaced with a F300.

The permatrim and upgrading trim tab sizes helped the ride quality on my 2320. When I go into head seas the boats bow doesn’t pop up and slam down so high any more.

I don't have those on my 2520 but a buddy has them on his 23. No loss of top speed but will stay on plane at lower RPMS. Marginal improvement at best on the ride quality. IMO the best way to improve the ride of a Parker is to trade it. To me Parkers are by far the most stable platform in the class when you are actually fishing on anchor, but on even a moderately choppy day it seems to take 3 days to recover from the ride. Most of my trips are 100+miles so I take quite a pounding when we go.

Back