Picking it up in the AM, need some trailer info quick...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptBeach

Reaction score
I am traveling to Barnegat Inlet today to pick up my new 2520 (new to me), a beautiful 89' Parker lovingly taken care of, a new, full electronics suite and sporting a 2021 Suzuki 300 with 236 hrs. The trailer that came with it was the original(?) one so I chose to buy a new Loadmaster yesterday for the trip up and back. The trailer guides were thrown into the back of my truck for me to install and adjust. I don't feel comfortable putting the boat on a new trailer without guides. Can anyone tell me what measurement they are running for there 2520.Inside to inside on the guides at the top. I know the beam is 9'6" but thinking from my last boat that they should be a little snug (narrower than that) to guide the boat into the bunks and hold the hull in place in a wind or current until its winched down. Any help is greatly appreciated. Will post pics from the road.

Pretty Sure stationed at 9'-6" will be loose, But be Just fine....We don't run them tight. First the Beam is 9'-6" The Beam and that measurement is farther forward then the transom, which is slightly narrower.

It's all a balancing act and takes a few times to figure out the correct depth to set the trailer. I always first back in to deep....This gets all the bunks wet / slippery.

Then pull forward till a certain spot on the trailer is sticking out of the water...Say 1 ft of the front of the fenders ...thats a example and different ramps will dictate a different depth.

BUT one thing is for sure....To deep and the boat moves sideways..... to shallow and can't get it loaded......

With 2 people.."Knowing what they are doing" Truck driver guides with hand siginals the Capt....Boat comes to stop about 2ft from being home on trailer. This is where driver hooks strap...and cranks winch to help while power is being applied with engine..

I am traveling to Barnegat Inlet today to pick up my new 2520 (new to me), a beautiful 89' Parker lovingly taken care of, a new, full electronics suite and sporting a 2021 Suzuki 300 with 236 hrs. The trailer that came with it was the original(?) one so I chose to buy a new Loadmaster yesterday for the trip up and back. The trailer guides were thrown into the back of my truck for me to install and adjust. I don't feel comfortable putting the boat on a new trailer without guides. Can anyone tell me what measurement they are running for there 2520.Inside to inside on the guides at the top. I know the beam is 9'6" but thinking from my last boat that they should be a little snug (narrower than that) to guide the boat into the bunks and hold the hull in place in a wind or current until its winched down. Any help is greatly appreciated. Will post pics from the road.
I don't know if there is an exact 'standard' for this. Ours were set by Radcliff Marine, where we bought the trailer. I just ran out to measure ours. They are spaced at 9' 6" (114") at the base. I can't reach the top, as the boat is on a lift, not on the trailer. Ours are straight up, so I'm sure it's the same measurement at the top, as the bottom. I suppose you could 'tighten' that an inch or so, but the guides are less 'flexible' mid way, where the rub-rail will hit them them.

Last edited:
Stripers along the beach to the North..

sorry. just saw this. maybe too late but mine are also 9’6” wide at the base and appear to be more or less vertical. (may be a bit bent after a long season).

Attachments

• 9FF789DD-CD98-4FF8-8268-8BC079103875.png
    9FF789DD-CD98-4FF8-8268-8BC079103875.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Back