pics of saturdays storm

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTPURSUIT

Reaction score
Here are a few pics I took Saturday evening at my house. I live on Back River located in Baltimore county. For those of you familiar with the area the photo lookin up the river you can see the tip of Hart Miller island upper left. I didn't exspect the water to get as high as it did like many of us, so I found myself wearing a life vest and out there lashing the boat down in this mess. A few boats in the area took an unplanned trip by themselves, my nephew went out in his center console after things calmed down and retreived three. What a way to spend opening day!

Attachments

• 4-16-11-2.jpg
    4-16-11-2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 4-16-11-3.jpg
    4-16-11-3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 363
  • 4-16-11.jpg
    4-16-11.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 363
I saw some video of Bowley's Quarters which looked real nasty. I think I have seen your boat on a lift, it's on the port side heading back in from the bay.

Tilghman Island Friday 4: pm this picture taken with 4 hours to go before high tide, it only got worse.

Our house was surrounded by water, shades of Isabel, waves were crashing over the lift.

Luckily we decided to pass opening day and not put the boat in the water yet.

Just one picture of many.

473storm_Apr_15_700pix.jpg

Susqking you are correct my home is on the port side just past the cove leading into Edgemere. Talbot guy what a shot, not having the boat in yet wasn't such a bad thing now huh. I have talked to a few peolple who have been out fishin since the storm and none have had a bite from the chester river south to annapolis and they are good fisherman. hopefully things will turn for the better soon. I plan on taking some time off from work next week to make up for lost time. Nothing like fresh Rockfish! Hopefully we can get some nice shots to share soon. Mike

Back