Positioning of thru hull transducer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tablefare2520

Reaction score
1999 Parker 2520 SC , Simrad GoXSE9
Currently has transom mount transducer, replacing with thru hull, what is the best location. ?
any advice is appreciated.

What X-Ducer? Stb. side of Hull ...aprox 6in from Keel centerline and aprox 18 to 24 in in front of transom. No Strake or pickups in front of X-Ducer.

What X-Ducer? Stb. side of Hull ...aprox 6in from Keel centerline and aprox 18 to 24 in in front of transom. No Strake or pickups in front of X-Ducer.
Appreciate info. Now to choose best transducer. Primarily 300’ or less .👍

Well, whichever transducer you select, make sure you follow the manufacturer’s location recommendations.

Make sure to get the correct angle for your dead rise and follow the installation instructions.

Probably not a concern for you but where I live mine is too low and close to the center-line, its the first thing that hits the bottom in shallow conditions. There are two types of boaters here, those that have run aground and lairs! How many 2520 owners carry a push pole?

Patstick...I have.....A Airmar M series......Thats the unit in a box and minerial oil or Non tox antifreeze goes in the box. Will not do it again.

So I’m guessing it did not work well I’m just having a hard time with drilling a hole for brand new boat

About 7 years ago I had a Parker 23 center console (before getting my 2820), I had the Airmar in hull ducer and really liked it. It gave very clear readings at high speeds.

So I’m guessing it did not work well I’m just having a hard time with drilling a hole for brand new boat

It worked fine.... No matter what I did.....It always see to develop a leak in the box.

Hole in a brand new boat is a mental thing. Just do it!

Anyone use an in hull transducer?
I did in a buddies sea ray. we put a garmin transducer in toilet wax in the center of the hull and were blown away how well it works. still to this day it is as we did it just for a test. yrmv but i would consider trying it due to the ease of install and nothing is permanent. lmk if u want more info.

we put a garmin transducer in toilet wax in the center of the hull

Do that with a 1000watt unit and there is a good chance for a short life due to overheating. Contact with a liquid is it's coolant.

I had a 1KW ducer in my inhull unit. When I first installed it, my tank also leaked. I sealed it with a bead of 5200 all the way around the inside and outside. It stopped the leak and the unit is still working today. I know the guy that bought the boat and talk to him often. He loves that inhull tank unit, and its now 8 years old.

Back