Post your Ernesto reports here

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The storm has moved up into NJ this morning and things here are back to 'normal'. Still raining though.

Conditions now at TPL:

Wind Direction (WDIR): SE ( 130 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 13 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 15 kts

12 miles south of Fire Island inlet, 1 footers and sunny 130pm saturday :lol: I wish!

Attachments

• boat sharking 049 (Small).jpg
    boat sharking 049 (Small).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 8,207
I went down to check on the boat today about 1330, and was amazed at the height of the water (still).
Winds have dropped off to almost nothing (TPL is showing 3 kts), but the water is still high, and there is evidence that water was over the docks at some point.

Image-C7409B5C3AB811DB.jpg

Image-C740F4EB3AB811DB.jpg

Image-C74120A33AB811DB.jpg

Image-C7417E6C3AB811DB.jpg

Image-C74209AE3AB811DB.jpg

Image-C742B4C63AB811DB.jpg

No damage, though the boat was covered with shredded leaves from the wind.
This storm only dropped about 4" of rain (according to my rain gage), but winds were sustained out of the NE for a long time, ripping lots of leaves from the trees.
The closest trees to my slip are about 80 yards away...

Image-C7414D843AB811DB.jpg

No big deal.
20 minutes with the hose cleaned her up just fine. :)

Happy to see you guys made out OK with this one.. :D

Up here on the NorthEast Coast we were most happy to see Ernesto taking a jog inland to the West and leaving us with just some wind and possibly a little rain later in the weekend. :?

Kinda craps out the weekend but sure beats the heck outta being in the path. :cry:

So I guess there wasn't even much of a storm surge with this one,,,or maybe it came through at low tide?

Mine sat on its trailer in my driveway. Brought her up from Solomons to replace the drum brakes with disks and support Wish-A-Fish. Now I'm too busy to take her back to Solomons. Will get around to that probably 16/17 Sep.

BTW, I left the full cover on by accident, but it rode it out A-OK without any damage. Yard was covered with leaves and small twigs, but the boat under the cover was still bright and clean.

cbigma":2p6ev9p7 said:
So I guess there wasn't even much of a storm surge with this one,,,or maybe it came through at low tide?

From what we can tell, the storm passed us at low tide, so the 3' storm surge didn't hurt us too bad.
We had water over our docks, but it would have been much worse if it had come at hight tide. :shock:

Dodged a bullet. 8)

Back