priming raycor filters

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebuster

Reaction score
When I change my raycor, I can't prime the filter with the primer bulb. I have to fill it up with gas before putting it on. Anyone else experience this problem?

I was told that you could but haven't tried it. I filled the cannister nearly full with fuel and then finished with the primer bulb. Worked fine.
John

When I change my raycor, I can't prime the filter with the primer bulb. I have to fill it up with gas before putting it on. Anyone else experience this problem?

Mike:

I tried priming by hand using the bulb late on Friday night after putting in a new fuel level sensor, no luck. So I just started the engine and let it run. Took about 10 seconds before fuel started showing up in the bowl. There's probably a better way to do it, but I had run out of time, light, bug spray and patience. :roll:

John

So I just started the engine and let it run. Took about 10 seconds before fuel started showing up in the bowl.

That's how I do it. :wink:

stonebuster":1og3b4lx said:
When I change my raycor, I can't prime the filter with the primer bulb.
That's the way I do it ... but you can also do it like CBigma and start the motor while still priming the bulbrecommended, as otherwise she could stall.

FWIW ... do you all keep the OB-end of the fuel hose UP when you pump the bulb? If not ... you're not allowing the check valve to work properly ...

Thanks for the replies. I didn't want to start it to fill the filter since I had my fuel feed pump go bad last year and didn't want to start it dry and take a chance of harming the pump. [225F] I like to carry extra filters on the boat, but if I have to fill filter with gas to prime on the water it would be a problem.

Back