Protect switches from accidental switching

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antidote

Reaction score
On my 2019 2520XLD the control switches are mounted vertically between the helm and the berth hatch. On occasion people standing in the middle of the cabin bump the switches hitting the horn and other switches turning things on and off that shouldn't be on or off. I'm thinking back to my flying days where the switches had a gang bar to protect their position when moving around the cockpit. I'm thinking of adding a 16" hand rail between the door and the switches to protect them. Anyone else have an idea?
3e30c8e1d81d340aa6f95117c8ddc441.jpg

Thanks Brent. The switch panel is 15” on center for the mounting screws so the 16” hand rail should work well. There seems to be enough room behind the panel between the bulkhead for the door and the switch panel. I’ll post pictures if it works out. And probably if it doesn’t. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. In this pic you can see how well they are protected. The handle I used matched the other ones already installed so I’m very happy it looks like it’s supposed to be there.
af5283c9d4108d2e4fddc6a3a94a5bf3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's what I did to solve the accidental switching problem. Cut a piece of lexan to size, added some aluminum tubing as a spacer, and longer screws. The tubing shown has some shrink wrap applied, but has since been removed.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    306.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    255.3 KB · Views: 83
yuma":392qulsi said:
Here's what I did to solve the accidental switching problem. Cut a piece of lexan to size, added some aluminum tubing as a spacer, and longer screws. The tubing shown has some shrink wrap applied, but has since been removed.

That looks nice too. I guess the big question is why did Parker place it there? In any case, both of your options look pretty neat

I like what you did. It looks good. I’m not sure what I did would work for your application. It looks like there may not be enough room for a handle to the left of the switch panel. I do think my way was a little less labor intensive (only had to drill two holes) and the access to the switches is easier.

Back