Pulling out for the winter question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerdog

Reaction score
After Thanksgiving (I am off all next week :D so I will be fishing a lot if weather cooperates) I am pulling the boat to take her home and was wondering about the slime/gunk on the bottom. Should I bring my pressure washer to the marina and power wash the bottom there or is it ok to wait until I get home? Its a one hour drive. Someone on here said that that stuff dries like cement!

Do it as soon as possible after hauling. Will be much easier! Especially around the trim tabs, bottom of engine bracket, etc.

rangerdog":izgee1sy said:
Someone on here said that that stuff dries like cement!
Yes ir, it sure does. But, having admitted that, I have had wet down hulls before to soak for a while, or even 2 soakings, and then pressure washed them and made out OK. This was after ... ahhhh, a week or more ;)

rangerdog":2911qcq8 said:
Someone on here said that that stuff dries like cement!

That was me. The green and brown filamentous stuff and barnacles come off easy enough... it's the slime that will harden up like concrete,,,it's transparent, but you can feel it, almost like someone coated the hull with vaseline. :shock:

We have found that if we really scrub it with a pressure washer and brush, we save ourselves lots of sanding in the spring. You might not have this species of slime where you are, it may be a regional thing. :lol:

rangerdog":3ebq2rns said:
Should I bring my pressure washer to the marina and power wash the bottom there or is it ok to wait until I get home? Its a one hour drive. Someone on here said that that stuff dries like cement!

That 'someone' was correct. Clean her after pulling her or that slime will set up like concrete! :shock:

Back