Question about aftermarket console mounted T-top

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it’s worth I’d stay away from a tee top mounted to the console. I’ve got a fiberglass tee top and a very sturdy frame on my 2300DV. Got into some rough stuff this past winter and busted the weld at one of the cross support members in the frame. Can’t imagine what damage it would have done if mounted to the console.

That sucks. Weld failure is an indication of a poor weld.
These consoles were not designed to mount a T-Top to them. It will be the weak link when it fails.
Install it properly to a sound deck. Do it right the first time.

[QUOTE} Weld failure is an indication of a poor weld. [/QUOTE]

Yes......and..... NO......I've seen plently of failures Most of the time its Not the weld. It breaks /cracks beside the weld on the parent metal... You build something and stress it enough......It's gonna break!

I removed 2 cc from 1801. In addition to screws they are attached with healthy amount of 5200 like compound from the factory. If you are looking just for shade look and talk to t topless guy. They have some degree of give and will not dislodge your cc. If I recall they are attached to your cc rail. Rod holders he sell for it I would not trust. Unless you redo you deck there is no way to get backing plates for your t top. Tank compartment bulkheads will prevent you from getting there. I got lucky to get NC wildlife boat with preinstalled 3/8 aluminum backing plates for t top and leaning post.

My t top is bolted to deck and supports on console… fish the northeast… New Jersey’s waters… and been in some rough water during the afternoon… anyone that fishes the ocean during summer in NJ around 2 o’clock ish the south wind kicks up… my top is strong and sturdy… have no problems…

Attachments

• D9461B00-2DFA-429A-B873-E9FF1C9EC0F7.jpeg
    D9461B00-2DFA-429A-B873-E9FF1C9EC0F7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Back