Question about outrigger poles.....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esfishdoc

Reaction score
I've ordered the Lee Jr. wishbone outrigger mount (OH226S) for my 2520.

http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/ ... H226S.html

Now I'm trying to decide on what type of pole........ The manufacturer says for single and non-spreader poles 19 to 22 feet.

As I shop on the internet with no practical experience to decide what is best....... should I spend 1200 dollars for the single spreader..... or save a-lot on the non-spreader poles....

What is the advantage of the single spreader pole? I figure I would likely run two lines max from each pole....... much of the time I'd probably only run one line.

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Richard - Unless you are planning on pulling heavy lures at high speeds I don't think it is necesssary to have the spreaders. The spreaders are used to stiffen the poles when there is alot of drag on them. I generally pull two green machines from my roof mounted 16 foot extra strength poles without a problem.

Brad

Brad..... That is good to hear....

For the most part I would be trolling lures like green machines (big producers around here)

Richard

Richard - as many fisherman in my area say "if it aint' green don't bother" Seriously, I think the plain poles will be fine and less of a hassle putting up and taking down. If I recall you trailer your boat and therefore you will have to take the poles down. Maybe John from CT will chime in on this one.

PS - If you look at most of the go fast fish boats, they don't have spreaders on their T-top Etec or Rupp riggers.

Back