Question about Parker Boats

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat brocker

Reaction score
With Parker being sold to correctcraft back in 2019 is the boat quality still the same or has the quality change for the better or worst. Has correctcraft come out any better ways to make the boat better. Pat Brocker.

They are shifting construction methods for some models toward two-piece construction. The new 22 and 24 models are designed this way - the old 21 and 23 deep vee hulls with simpler stringer systems mated to a one-piece fiberglass deck and cap.

Whether or not that is better is in the eye of the beholder. It will reduce the amount of wood in a boat, a place where older Parker designs had problems with water intrusion. But it will also reduce the amount of room inside the boat.

CorrectCraft is betting the boats made this way will sell better and have better margins.

The long-time plant manager retired last year but I bet many of the old guard employees are still there. Supply chain issues with parts are affecting boat builders for sure. Right now you are probably OK but future quality is anyone’s guess. Having said all that, I‘m glad I have a prime Linwood era build.

Maybe not all issues are related to the ownership change. All industries are facing supply and labor issues. Both good parts and good help are in demand.

I happen to be going by Central Marine in St Pete yesterday. They had some CCs and cabin boats.
Wow. Quality, fit and finish was absolutely horrible. The 2120 and 2320 had been shipped with no windows.

I happen to be going by Central Marine in St Pete yesterday. They had some CCs and cabin boats.
Wow. Quality, fit and finish was absolutely horrible. The 2120 and 2320 had been shipped with no windows.

No windows! Well heck hard to defend that…thanks for sharing.

Probably a supply chain issue. Transport was scheduled and on time. Windows (and other items) will ship to the dealer and meet up with the boat for completion.
Almost certainly the case. Windows are impossible to come by at the moment. I’m sure Parker wanted to get them off the factory floor to keep producing rolling, so they sent them out and can finish them downstream. Fitting windows is a pretty easy process.

As far as the overall Parker line, there were a bunch of them at the VA Beach show a couple weeks ago. The traditional models they had there, looked like Parkers. Fit and finish was good, rigging was acceptable, and I didn’t notice any drastic changes.
On the other hand, I got to crawl through the 22CC. Unimpressed doesn’t begin to describe it. It looked like your standard, cheap, 2-piece boat with all of the drawbacks that come with that. I’m sure it’s a better boat than a comparable model from a cheaper manufacturer, but it sure didn’t feel like it.
Talking it over with one of the sales guys, he straight up admitted that Parker was producing the 22CC and 24CC to compete on a price point boat. All of the decisions and changes made were done with the goal of producing the boat faster and cheaper, and getting more of them out the door in the same amount of time.

I have a 2021 2520, and it's as solid and sea worthy as any Grady White I've been on. I owned a 25 Ft GW for 13 years before this boat. I'm completely satisfied, I've owned this Parker for almost a year now..
I have owned a 2021 2320, the fit and finish is fantastic. I've had zero issues whatsoever. Will this change? who knows, but looking at other brands at boats shows the Parkers generally stand out for fit and finish and quality.

Funny you mentioned GW... These boats are coveted on THT.
Here is the transom/splashwell finish on a Freedom 275 I saw today at a NJ boat show. Pretty appalling if you ask me.
1645327904571.jpeg
1645327922938.jpeg
You could say this could be just a sloppy one-off. But the rest of this boat was also not very impressive. Parker is just simple, this "flagship" felt cheap. The windshield frame was cheap. The upholstery was like something you would expect to see at a discount furniture store (picture: Weekends Only, of one of those... lol)
1645328350678.jpeg

This boat is priced at about 3 times that of my Parker.

I would say this: if Parker stays true to form they have nothing to worry about.

--

I have owned a 2021 2320, the fit and finish is fantastic. I've had zero issues whatsoever. Will this change? who knows, but looking at other brands at boats shows the Parkers generally stand out for fit and finish and quality.

Funny you mentioned GW... These boats are coveted on THT.
Here is the transom/splashwell finish on a Freedom 275 I saw today at a NJ boat show. Pretty appalling if you ask me.
View attachment 32278
View attachment 32279
You could say this could be just a sloppy one-off. But the rest of this boat was also not very impressive. Parker is just simple, this "flagship" felt cheap. The windshield frame was cheap. The upholstery was like something you would expect to see at a discount furniture store (picture: Weekends Only, of one of those... lol)
View attachment 32280

This boat is priced at about 3 times that of my Parker.

I would say this: if Parker stays true to form they have nothing to worry about.

--
good lord, that's a mess. I had a 2007 257 Advance CC with twin F150's None of this was on that one. I'm on THT as well. Don't say much over there though.

I am completely satisfied with our parker. Plenty of space, and simple, yet solid as can be. I wasn't planning on getting (I stopped running charters after 15 years) another boat, but after not having one and none of my friends calling to go out on theirs (I always have someone go with me) I pulled the trigger, and I'm glad I did.

Wow, that GW is messy. How did that get out of the factory? I have a 1999 268 GW and it’s been solid and is still going on it’s second set of engines. My 94 Parker is rock solid. Good boats from back then.

good lord, that's a mess. I had a 2007 257 Advance CC with twin F150's None of this was on that one. I'm on THT as well. Don't say much over there though.

I am completely satisfied with our parker. Plenty of space, and simple, yet solid as can be. I wasn't planning on getting (I stopped running charters after 15 years) another boat, but after not having one and none of my friends calling to go out on theirs (I always have someone go with me) I pulled the trigger, and I'm glad I did.
Those were my thoughts, too. Thought maybe just a fluke, if not for some other brand new GWs on the floor, not impressive.

The Parkers I saw on the floor, just as my own 2320, seemed completely solid with great finish; I can see how with proper maintenance they last extremely long time. Perfect fishing boat for places like the Northeast.

Incidentally, I attended a seminar by a charter guide from Shore Catch Service, NJ, on bluefin tuna, he was showing pics and clips of a 2820 in their fleet he uses for those long canyons runs, very cool.

One issue is pricing. Apparently, the new 2320s base MSRP now pushing 150k. (Not a joke.)

This boat - below - was the only 2320 on the floor, and it was already sold... No new ones currently available until late this year/early next.
(yes, that "show sale price" was kind of "for show" only - when I asked - the boat was already bought and has an owner)
Not to mention, this was a very basic model, no trailer, no dealer prep/batts, etc., pretty baren electronics, w/no radar, no second helm, no AP, bimini, so - basically - a fully loaded model is really over 150k OTD.
The F300 in this 2023 model still with hydraulic steering, they just refreshed cowling design, same exact motor as 2021s.
1645381388270.png

They also had a gorgeous 2820 with twin F300s; totally awesome, yet... at 250k (loaded, OTD), pretty steep. Lots of competition in that segment, with some very flushy, almost ostentatious, designs coming in from mass-producers like the cutwater etc. that seem to attract first time buyers.
1645382004939.jpeg

My family is actually in the process of moving up this year into that 28+ size, so I was really looking; the 2820 Parker would had been an easy choice for us if it wasn't for the lack of stand-up head, primarily; it's fine for a purely fishing boat but in my situation w/ wife and three teenage daughters plus all their friends we're continuously reminded a porta-potty-under-the-cushion-thingy just doesn't cut it, lol.

Personally, I wish Parker offered a 28xx model w/an extended cabin w/option for a head compartment - built as they are making them now as a solid 3-piece, no-nonsense non-plasticky construction w/great finish.
Oh well, one can dream.
So, for now, we are closing on a used, three-year old, EdgeWater 280cx that has all those features for the price of a new 2820.

--

Last edited:
I have heard rumor on another board from a local Parker dealer that they are bringing back the 2830.
Good info - I'll be watching for that.
Given they are already sold out of all 2022 and 2023 model year units... those 2830 would likely not be available for few years. Hopefully they will keep making them solid as a tank, plus add a real head as a comfort feature - for us aging dads with large families... lol.

Good info - I'll be watching for that.
Given they are already sold out of all 2022 and 2023 model year units... those 2830 would likely not be available for few years. Hopefully they will keep making them solid as a tank, plus add a real head as a comfort feature - for us aging dads with large families... lol.
I hope the rumor about a 2830 is not something that has be misinterpreted by a few of my past 'comments/posts/contributions'. I live in eastern NC, and have not heard such news. (even as much as I would like to think it might be true).... In a few of the past CP threads, I have mentioned that I would be interested in 'moving up' if Parker were to build a 28-30 foot boat (if the quality/strength of the hull is maintained) A 2830 or a 3030 would interest me. (even a 2840, or 3040!! Hey New Parker Folks; I have some ideas for you! ☺)
We've had 35-40 footers in the past decades; (too much to maintain at my age), but a Parker (old-build, not the 'price-point' new stuff ) similar in build-quality, strength, ease of maintenance, with a few more over-night amenities, would catch my attention. I hope there is a least one more boat in my future....

Last edited:
Back