Question about Parker Boats

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is good to know. I still was completely unimpressed by the fittings such as windshield frame that seemed cheap (in a premium brand). Not that I would ever consider a GW. The styling is stodgy. To me, Parker styling is "classic", and the build (judged by my own boat and what I'd seen at boat shows over the last 2-3 years I've been looking at them) is simply SOLID.

--
I too love the classic styling of the Parkers. The 'shippy' lines. The great bow, and flare. The overall great proportions (At a distance I can't tell a 21, from a 23, from a 25 from a 28; that might be partly attributed to my old-eyes, but I think it is more about the brilliant styling!). I mostly love the no-nonsense appearance of solid strength.... I love seeing when CP folks post pictures of their Parkers docked in a marina full of other boats. Their Parker, to me, is the prettiest girl at the dance!

Per discussion with my local fishing board. I added the permatrim, 12x18 tabs, and the osf4 blade prop. World of difference. Then I ditched that bench seat and put a forward facing bucket and jump seat behind it.

Personally I love my boat. No clue if I will buy parker again. But my 2320 is a awesome boat for 2-4 guys to kill fish.

This post read has been without a doubt the best! It's sort-of unusual that I read every word in these sorts of forums but I was glued to this one and read every word! I was disappointed when you guys stopped the discussion!

I missed out on a lot of experiences after I did a hitch in Naval Air, I leased a small 'railway' marina (which I finally purchased back in the late 70's) and that place kept me up to my neck in maintaining, bottom painting, engine overhauls, and Volvo Penta (everything) outdrives to diesel engines. Worked on a lot of wooden boats back then too. I had as many as 12 employees working that little marina. I sold the place and began a 'normal' life after 26 years of beating my head against employees, taxes and 15 hour days. I missed my two children growing up! We bought this Parker 2320 recently and my wife said: "don't you remember what you went through with boats at the marina?" I guess I have forgotten and with encouraging words as in this Classic Parker Forum, I intend to enjoy every minute with this boat. I can now have my grandchildren go out on the boat with us!!

Thank you good folks very kindly! I'm watching for more of these discussions...!!

This post read has been without a doubt the best! It's sort-of unusual that I read every word in these sorts of forums but I was glued to this one and read every word! I was disappointed when you guys stopped the discussion!

I missed out on a lot of experiences after I did a hitch in Naval Air, I leased a small 'railway' marina (which I finally purchased back in the late 70's) and that place kept me up to my neck in maintaining, bottom painting, engine overhauls, and Volvo Penta (everything) outdrives to diesel engines. Worked on a lot of wooden boats back then too. I had as many as 12 employees working that little marina. I sold the place and began a 'normal' life after 26 years of beating my head against employees, taxes and 15 hour days. I missed my two children growing up! We bought this Parker 2320 recently and my wife said: "don't you remember what you went through with boats at the marina?" I guess I have forgotten and with encouraging words as in this Classic Parker Forum, I intend to enjoy every minute with this boat. I can now have my grandchildren go out on the boat with us!!

Thank you good folks very kindly! I'm watching for more of these discussions...!!
I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the convo. I love this forums as well. I bought a 2300 DV last spring and love it. It is without question the most solid boat I’ve ever been on regardless of length. Falling off a big wave may not be as soft as a regulator but there is not a rattle or a shake in this boat nor a crack anywhere. Over the winter I had the batteries moved from the bilge to the console and had 12 x 12 tabs installed . Combined with the 4 blade prop I installed last summer I am really looking forward to burying the bow at 20 mph into 3 fters and staying on plane. Have a great season.

Back