Question Concerning Pilot House Window Coverings.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara F

Reaction score
I want to cover my front pilot house windows with some type of sun shade while I am at the dock. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have attempted to use the solar shades for car windshields; however, they don‘t fit very well. Thanks!

On another boat I had I used sunbrella material and canvas snaps. I removed the frame screws and then reinstalled with the snaps in strategic spots. A bit of work sewing etc. but it worked well.

I liked the concept, but ... there are no screws in the window frames of my 2005 2120 SC. And I'm reluctant to drill into either the aluminum window frame or the surrounding fiberglass. May have to go with velcro, as unattractive as that will look.

Not familiar with the 21 if it has the carpet type material as a liner velcro sowed to the fabric cover and then stick to the liner should work. Using the tape type to the frame will hold for a while, but eventually the adhesive tends to come loose.

All my windows inside have sunbrella canvas with snaps. Keeps the cabin cool & also private when staying aboard.
" Bean"

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and drill/screw into the fiberglass. I found a couple good looking examples. It's not that big a deal, just a little sealant on the screws should be fine.

Attachments

• Shade 2.jpg
    Shade 2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Shades.jpg
    Shades.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 39
Thanks for all the reply’s and recommendations. My sister, an outstanding seamstress came up with an idea for front curtains for the inside of the front windows. She is going to sew in a draw-string that i can then tighten around the window frames when in port and staying on board. She already made monogrammed curtains for the side windows and for the back windows and door. I used the same type of aluminum track used for the berth curtains on my 21 SC.

Had a custom cover made & tinted the rest with ceramic

Attachments

• IMG_6578.JPG
    IMG_6578.JPG
    696.7 KB · Views: 38
Back