Question On Where to Mount EPIRB

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esfishdoc

Reaction score
I'm now the owner of an ACR Globalfix Cat II EPIRB.

Have you mounted or thought about mounting one and where did you put it?

Of course there is a mount vs. in the ditch bag.....

Any thoughts?

Richard

For me it was a no brainer ... in the ditch bag.

If that is an automatic deployable release bracket, I believe most hydrostatic releases won't work until pressurized to 14' "below" the water's surface. No Parker is gonna' sink down that far ... we hope ;) !

Dale,

That's why I went ahead and got the manual deploy....

In the ditch bag is easy but I wonder if mounting it would be better..... it would always stimulate conversation about safety when people ask.... WTF is that thing? Might be less likely to get damaged if it was mounted in a safe place.

I plan on taking it out about 60 miles on Friday.... plan on bringing it back also... hopefully with a bunch of tuna.

Richard

In the "emergency equipment bag". :)

Image-BE012F9DE42411D9.jpg

The more I look around for a spot to mount it the more I realize it will find a place in the ditch bag..... now all I need is a new ditch bag like yours with a special compartment for the EPIRB.

Richard

DaleH":3jkwvc97 said:
For me it was a no brainer ... in the ditch bag.

If that is an automatic deployable release bracket, I believe most hydrostatic releases won't work until pressurized to 14' "below" the water's surface. No Parker is gonna' sink down that far ... we hope ;) !

does anyone know about this type of thing? i called parker a few weeks ago to settle a dispute and they said that none of their boats over 20' (all of them except the 1801) have been USCG tested for positive floatation :( . anyone know of any that have sunk?

Back